2010 Victoria Municipal By-election

• Please log in to reply
625 replies to this topic

#621 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 09:28 PM

I thought it was mildly interesting. Why do you consider it not meaningful?

Because you can vote wherever you want. Some places might just have been more convenient.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#622 BlueBoy

BlueBoy
  • 153 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 09:36 PM

Because you can vote wherever you want. Some places might just have been more convenient.

Oh right. Thanks. (I was thinking the numbers might be useful to indicate where more voters could be reached in future, but that isn't so straightforward when we can vote at any precinct.)

#623 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 09:48 PM

Oh right. Thanks. (I was thinking the numbers might be useful to indicate where more voters could be reached in future, but that isn't so straightforward when we can vote at any precinct.)

They also assigned exactly 4262 voters to each precinct (including advance 1, advance 2 and mail-in), which is not at all a reflection of how many voters live in each area surrounding the polling place. James Bay New Horizons was 40%, while James Bay School was 26%.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#624 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 29 November 2010 - 10:48 AM

Because we have no specific polling stations to go to, breaking out the vote at each polling station as a percentage turnout makes no sense. What is relevant is to look at past turn out at the polling station and how high or low the vote is in each polling station compared to the others.

#625 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:00 PM

Councillor Lucus on CFAX says he is the only one on council opposing a proposed 7% property tax increase for Victoria Residents.

I thought the Mayor said he wouldn't raise taxes to pay for a new bridge.

#626 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:09 PM

Councillor Lucus on CFAX says he is the only one on council opposing a proposed 7% property tax increase for Victoria Residents.

I thought the Mayor said he wouldn't raise taxes to pay for a new bridge.

It's not going up for the bridge. It's going up to cover things that would normally be paid for with the money now being reallocated to the bridge :P

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users