Photo

Queen's Printer is closing

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 04:02 PM

^Yes, demolition of that building is impossible. It was recently renovated.

The Queen's Printer building would be good location for the Maritime Museum or the Art Gallery.

IMG_5980.jpg

#22 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,747 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 04:47 PM

The Queen's Printer building would be good location for the Maritime Museum or the Art Gallery.

While I agree it would be a nice location for either (although probably too small to replace the AGGV, it could work as a satellite gallery), the question once again comes down to funding, as significant renovations would be needed). Now if it could be turned into some sort of Yoga studio then perhaps you'd catch the eye of certain MLAs with access to the Provincial purse strings.

#23 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 08:16 PM

While I agree it would be a nice location for either (although probably too small to replace the AGGV, it could work as a satellite gallery), the question once again comes down to funding, as significant renovations would be needed). Now if it could be turned into some sort of Yoga studio then perhaps you'd catch the eye of certain MLAs with access to the Provincial purse strings.

The 3 story building is solid with high ceilings. An addition could be added to occupy the alley space and further, once the "H" building is demolished.

#24 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,747 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 08:22 PM

The 3 story building is solid with high ceilings. An addition could be added to occupy the alley space and further, once the "H" building is demolished.

I suppose my greater argument is that I suspect there isn't really the political will to make the QP building feasible for Victoria civic us; not that it would be mechanically out of reach.

#25 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:49 AM

The Queen's Printer will be used as office office.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users