[Marine] V2V Vacations | Victoria-Vancouver catamaran service

• Please log in to reply
834 replies to this topic

#201 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:35 AM

On their website it says the trip is 5-6 hours so I guessed that they spent 1-2 hours looking at whales.

Vancouver to Victoria is direct, 4 hours harbour to harbour.  You are looking at the return daily trip.  It's Victoria>Butchart Gardens>Vancouver.

PoW has THREE choices:

Vic > Van (via Butchart) $205 afternoons 6.5 hours

Van > Vic direct $205 mornings 4 hours

Victoria day trip from Vancouver:  Van > Vic then bus transfer to Butchart at your leisure (hop on any CSV bus going that way) then leave Butchart by ferry back to Van.  $310 includes Butchart pass and bus transfer.  12 hours or so.  

They dropped the price from $210 to $205 this year.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#202 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:36 AM

Their $205 excursion from Victoria is the 6 hour downtown to downtown trip that includes three hours of dedicated whale watching plus the 2.5 hour cruise to Vancouver, while their $205 excursion from Vancouver doesn't include dedicated whale watching. Kind of a rip off for those from Vancouver!

Their direct non-whale watching option from Victoria is the Butchart Gardens to Vancouver route.

#203 Dr. Barillas

Dr. Barillas
  • 174 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:37 PM

They have an offer posted on Travelzoo (35% off comfort class during the entire month of June). Travelzoo has a broad and targeted reach so they'll get some exposure, but it comes at a cost. They'll most likely end up with less than 50% of their regular rates after fees paid to TZoo. 

*added link to offer

The linked site makes you sign up to see the offer? Not a fan of that.

"Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died"

#204 Greg

Greg
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:20 PM

Just got this:

"Good afternoon,

V2V Vacations is thrilled to be launching a new way of travelling between Downtown Vancouver and Victoria Harbour. Our vessel, the V2V Empress, is nearly ready to start welcoming passengers and redefining island travel for British Columbians and visitors to this beautiful province.

In the best interests of you, our guests, we have decided we need a few more weeks to solidify our crew training and ensure that we can deliver the best and safest possible experience for you, right from the start of our operations. We will therefore be cancelling sailings for the day of your booking, and delaying our official launch to a later date, to be announced soon. Safety is always our paramount priority, and we will never compromise on that, even if it means pushing our launch date.

We profusely apologize for any inconvenience that this causes for you. We would like to offer you the chance to rebook for a future date, or a full refund on tickets you purchased for the cancelled dates. If you rebook, we will also treat you to a complimentary upgrade as a thank you for your patience and loyalty."

#205 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:29 PM

We will therefore be cancelling sailings for the day of your booking, and delaying our official launch to a later date...

when we hope to have sold at least enough tickets to pay for fuel.

• Rob Randall likes this

#206 vortoozo

vortoozo
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:30 PM

The linked site makes you sign up to see the offer? Not a fan of that.

How to Book

Book online at V2V Vacations

Enter promo code ZOO35 online when selecting your cruise route and travel date. The promo code is case sensitive. 

#207 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:35 PM

That's not the least bit good just for PR reasons.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#208 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:26 PM

we need a few more weeks to solidify our crew training...

Of course everyone knows, turning "crew training" from a gaseous or liquid state to a solid takes time.   :teacher:

• Nparker likes this

#209 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:32 PM

That's not the least bit good just for PR reasons.

They still planning to do the christening this weekend?

#210 PraiseKek

PraiseKek
  • Validating
  • 415 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:34 PM

A lot of people subscribe to travelzoo and get emails daily about deals. When they click on the link they'll get straight to the promo code etc.

• catfluff likes this

#211 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:36 AM

So they are not sailing May 1st as planned????......

Has the sinking begun before it has even left port.

Did someone forget to put the plug in the floor?

I guessed 3 months to the sinking not 3 minutes

#212 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:39 AM

So they are not sailing May 1st as planned????......

Has the sinking begun before it has even left port.

Did someone forget to put the plug in the floor?

I guessed 3 months to the sinking not 3 minutes

You would think that this would be a pretty significant story yet I can't seem to find any mention of it in the local media.

#213 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:42 AM

They need to sharpen up their communications department.

No social media or website announcement, and their booking system lets you start arranging a May trip.  

#214 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:44 AM

You would think that this would be a pretty significant story yet I can't seem to find any mention of it in the local media.

Local media is doing good ad business with them, they will wait to be told how and when to report it.

#215 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:47 AM

Local media is doing good ad business with them, they will wait to be told how and when to report it.

Or until they get paid for the ads run to date.

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#216 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,557 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:49 AM

We've got it: http://victoria.citi...-ferry-service/

Go to VV or Citified's Facebook pages and share away  :redface:

• kafkaesque likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#217 johnk

johnk
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:34 PM

Just got this:

"Good afternoon,.....
We profusely apologize for any inconvenience that this causes for you. We would like to offer you the chance to rebook for a future
date, or a full refund
on tickets you purchased for the cancelled dates. If you rebook, we will also treat you to a complimentary
upgrade as a thank you for your patience and loyalty."

Play it safe. Take the money now. There may not be a future date.
  • Nparker likes this

#218 Kach

Kach

SteveK

• 277 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:49 AM

Sorry, I didn't get a picture, but walked by the V2V counter and waiting room on the top floor above the Harbour Air terminal at the Vancouver Convention Centre (close to the DeDutch restaurant).  I guess the plan is to use the float plane docks at the convention centre....if at all of course based on recent news.

#219 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:56 AM

Buddy of mine that's a dekhand is still working long days, so it's a go as far as he knows.

#220 Benezet

Benezet
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:09 AM

We've got it: http://victoria.citi...-ferry-service/

Go to VV or Citified's Facebook pages and share away :redface:

Not until the spelling mistake is fixed :-)

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users