• Please log in to reply
21589 replies to this topic

#8401 3isenough

3isenough
  • 240 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:11 PM

Some stuff here:

http://templeoftcap....n-missing-month

Wow, some interesting information in there. I had read the theory about the HA involvement on Breakingthecode.ca and it does make some sense but if what your link indicates is true the overdose theory makes more sense. Time will tell I guess 😕

#8402 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:42 PM

Richmond girl spirited away for protection after gangster dad received death threats from contract killers: court ruling

http://www.theprovin...1875/story.html

The mom, who was born in Victoria and is a Canadian citizen, refused to shed light on those matters, an omission the judge found to be in part motivated by fear.

Court also heard the couple had enjoyed a lavish lifestyle including extravagant parties, high-end nightclubs, tony restaurants, fancy cars and pricey accessories. Their credit card bills, which exceeded $20,000 a month, were paid for by the dad’s “inexhaustible” supply of ready money — wads of cash hidden all over the house in drawers, cupboards, boxes and bags.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#8403 North Shore

North Shore
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:41 PM

Can't have been the Hell's Angels - according to our resident driving instructor, they're all great guys who keep Langford safe from crime..

• Nparker, weirdie, Matt R. and 3 others like this
Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?

#8404 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:36 AM

Police action on Shelbourne near Haultain. Reportedly someone barricaded indoors and a flashbang has been set off.

#8405 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:13 AM

It's related to an early morning shooting on Kings Road/Ryan Road at Shelbourne.

The area remains cordoned off as ERT are in place. Word on the street is now that a vehicle from the home is missing and the suspect may no longer be inside the home. D'oh.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#8406 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 06:37 AM

Attempted murder – man now in Victoria Police custody after gunfire near Shelbourne St. yesterday

Victoria police officers worked all day yesterday piecing together a crime that occurred on Kings Rd., just off Shelbourne Street early Sunday morning.

MORE:

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#8407 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 06:43 AM

It looks as though it's Marcel Yvon Kemp that's in custody on the gun thing on Kings Rd.

https://www.facebook...0382:1495550060

He has a pretty lengthy criminal history.  Right now he is just facing over a dozen weapons charges.

#8408 Gipper

Gipper
  • 314 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:17 PM

It looks as though it's Marcel Yvon Kemp that's in custody on the gun thing on Kings Rd.

Why do you say this?

#8409 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:17 PM

Why do you say this?

Just becasue he was in custody, and appeared on the court list today with 12 or more weapons charges, and the "age" was 2 days.  I could be wrong though.

#8410 Gipper

Gipper
  • 314 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:42 PM

Just becasue he was in custody, and appeared on the court list today with 12 or more weapons charges, and the "age" was 2 days. I could be wrong though.

It's a separate incident.

#8411 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:48 PM

Just becasue he was in custody, and appeared on the court list today with 12 or more weapons charges, and the "age" was 2 days.  I could be wrong though.

Considering there should also be an attempted murder charge in there, I would imagine this is not the guy.

#8412 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:54 PM

Oops, sorry for accusing you of attempted murder, Marcel! But hey, how about that mainstream media!

• Matt R. and shoeflack like this

#8413 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:00 PM

Oops, sorry for accusing you of attempted murder, Marcel! But hey, how about that mainstream media!

Ah, but you'll note I never said anything at all about attempted murder.  I never expected police to lay that charge so soon, that takes more involvement from crown.  So I figured they'd just start with the easy ones.  And Marcel had more than 12 weapons charges this morning, from the weekend, and he's in custody.  Oh, and he has 9 mutual friends with me on Facebook.  

#8414 Gipper

Gipper
  • 314 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:20 PM

Ah, but you'll note I never said anything at all about attempted murder. I never expected police to lay that charge so soon, that takes more involvement from crown. So I figured they'd just start with the easy ones. And Marcel had more than 12 weapons charges this morning, from the weekend, and he's in custody. Oh, and he has 9 mutual friends with me on Facebook.

It was the implication.
  • shoeflack likes this

#8415 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:26 PM

You and Mike make this mistake all the time. All you have to do is say I saw this guy on the court list, here's what he did, I wonder if it's the Kings Street guy. When someone calls you on it you get all defensive and trip all over yourselves trying to justify it. You just need to employ a bit more CYA.

Edited by Rob Randall, 23 May 2017 - 03:26 PM.

• Nparker, jonny, sdwright.vic and 1 other like this

#8416 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:28 PM

It was the implication.

OK, well let me apologize to Marcel right here.

Sorry, Marcel, you clearly are not an attempted murderer.  You are only in prison today over 14 of 15 weapons charges.  Hope your day in the courtroom went well today.  (Although it appears it did not, you've been remanded in custody until the 26th).

...on these 18 charges from Sunday.

screenshot-justice.gov.bc.ca-2017-05-23-16-33-10.png

• Dietrich likes this

#8417 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:36 PM

OK, well let me apologize to Marcel right here.

Sorry, Marcel, you clearly are not an attempted murderer.  You are only in prison today over 14 of 15 weapons charges.  Hope your day in the courtroom went well today.  (Although it appears you did not, you've been remanded in custody until the 26th).

...on these 18 charges from Sunday.

For a guy that lambastes the "MSM" so frequently, you have to admit it's a bit funny when you get a bit of egg on your face.

Last I checked that Times-Colonist thread was almost solely about you pointing out their errors.

• HB likes this

#8418 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:39 PM

For a guy that lambastes the "MSM" so frequently, you have to admit it's a bit funny when you get a bit of egg on your face.

Last I checked that Times-Colonist thread was almost solely about you pointing out their errors.

I don't even know if Gipper is right, quite frankly.  He does not work for VicPD, but I suppose cops talk and/or he might have looked up the info for other reason.  But look, if I was VicPD and arrested a guy on 18 weapons charges the same day I also arrested a guy for attempted murder and weapons charges, I might also tell the public that we've had a hell of a day on Sunday the 21st putting away the bad guys.

As for the TC, well I ran the Elsner marijuana story early yesterday.  They just got to it this afternoon at 4:02pm.  You'd think with over 20x the news staff they have, compared to me, they'd be more nimble.  I've said before, I just wish the TC would be better.  Then they might stick around longer.  

#8419 Gipper

Gipper
  • 314 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:42 PM

I don't even know if Gipper is right, quite frankly. He does not work for VicPD, but I suppose cops talk and/or he might have looked yup the info for other reason. But look, if I was VicPD and arrested a guy on 18 weapons charges the same day I also arrested a guy for attempted murder and weapons charges, I might also tell the public that we've had a hell of a day on Sunday the 21st putting away the bad guys.

I was part of the team that arrested Kemp.

It was a VicPD file but we assisted because he was located in RCMP jurisdiction.
  • VicHockeyFan and jonny like this

#8420 57WestHills

57WestHills
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:20 PM

Rare time amalgamation not being a thing was positive. Both municipal and RCMP ERT's were activated concurrently for separate files on Sunday.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users