Photo

The Victoria crime thread

• Please log in to reply
21605 replies to this topic

#8361 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 05:35 PM

Egg vending machines must be coming down in price by now, novelty will draw customers pay for itself, and nobody loses eggs.

Edited by todd, 07 May 2017 - 05:45 PM.

#8362 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 06:23 PM

^huh? You are speaking bad me?
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#8363 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 07:08 PM

^huh? You are speaking bad me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qw2NKj7wEA

"Try the only Japanese egg vending machine on the island!" (maybe north america)

By the time the novelty wears off will have paid for itself and nobody loses eggs.

Edited by todd, 07 May 2017 - 07:23 PM.

• sdwright.vic likes this

#8364 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,658 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 03:41 PM

So just a correction, VicPD are saying the second "bomb" threat was not a package containing improperly disposed off syringes.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#8365 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,516 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:59 PM

So just a correction, VicPD are saying the second "bomb" threat was not a package containing improperly disposed off syringes.

Why won't they release what it was?

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#8366 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:11 PM

Because some citizens will criticize them for the inconvenience etc. just to find it was XYZ and not a bomb.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#8367 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:06 PM

You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Sm. VHF? They have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for XYZ and you curse the VicPD. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what they know: that XYZ destruction, while tragic, probably saved lives. And VicPD existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty... we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. They not have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom provided, then questions the manner in which provide it!  rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

Edited by todd, 08 May 2017 - 07:19 PM.

#8368 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:25 PM

Because some citizens will criticize them for the inconvenience etc. just to find it was XYZ and not a bomb.

Maybe VicPD don't know because they blew it up?

#8369 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,658 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:47 AM

Press release from West Shore RCMP:

West Shore RCMP have arrested several outlaw motorcycle gang members on May 6, 2017 after conducting a traffic stop on a limousine on Highway 1 near Leigh Rd in Langford.

The traffic stop was initiated by West Shore RCMP after the limousine was observed committing an offence under the Motor Vehicle Act. During the traffic stop, police gathered evidence which led to the arrest of all occupants of the vehicle. A subsequent search of the vehicle yielded a loaded handgun with several loaded magazines and various suspected drugs such as cocaine, marijuana and other suspected controlled substance in tablet forms. More: http://bc.rcmp-grc.g...contentId=51082
  • Matt R. likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#8370 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:59 AM

That is a hilarious post above.

Langford is probably the safest community in CRD right now. In fact there are probably more cops on duty working in Langford right now than all of the City of Victoria.

I can assure you of a few things.

There are probably stabbings, robberies,assaults and rapes happening in Victoria many times today. Open drug use,illegal pot shops doing business,countless bikes being stolen and cars being broken into right now in Victoria .

Meanwhile in Langford nothing of note has happened today in the crime scene.

The Hells Angels poured into today form other areas of BC ...Langford is a very welcoming destination for everyone just like Victoria is a destination for the Hell's Angels selling and supplying drugs to the illegal pot shops

The Hell's Angels help the economy of Langford (and Victoria) they bring in tax dollars and support local business's that is why Stew is not preventing them from coming here. Stew is not a bigot.

Last month many stayed at the Sheraton 4 seasons by Costco...probably the safest hotel on Vancouver island that night. All the cops and all the bikers one big happy family. The tourists lined the streets to watch the event on Spencer rd

Press release from West Shore RCMP:

West Shore RCMP have arrested several outlaw motorcycle gang members on May 6, 2017 after conducting a traffic stop on a limousine on Highway 1 near Leigh Rd in Langford.

The traffic stop was initiated by West Shore RCMP after the limousine was observed committing an offence under the Motor Vehicle Act. During the traffic stop, police gathered evidence which led to the arrest of all occupants of the vehicle. A subsequent search of the vehicle yielded a loaded handgun with several loaded magazines and various suspected drugs such as cocaine, marijuana and other suspected controlled substance in tablet forms. More: http://bc.rcmp-grc.g...contentId=51082

Ah yes...hilarious indeed.

• Dietrich and jonny like this

#8371 57WestHills

57WestHills
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:03 AM

Thinking the HA is a misunderstood MC gang is ridiculous, but my interest in debating HB these days has waned so I just said nothing. Several serious charges came out of the Zeke run this year.

The HA members themselves are pretty quiet usually, they're more like white colour very high level drug crime, but the intellectual peanuts that hang around them are dangerous. There's also an unresolved organized crime murder (or maybe two) on the Island - so we were and are due for another as these rock stars thin their own herd.

Edited by 57WestHills, 11 May 2017 - 11:03 AM.

• Dietrich and 3isenough like this

#8372 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:09 AM

The Internet had a was of being black and white..... common for tongue in cheek comments to be missed and the story taken as gospel from the author
  • 57WestHills likes this

#8373 3isenough

3isenough
  • 240 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:14 AM

I was listening to the call on the scanner when it happened, some serious stuff.

I grew up in an area where there was a higher than average population of HA's, yeah the community around us was very safe but as 57WestHills has said they are not just some misunderstood motorcycle club.

Edited by 3isenough, 11 May 2017 - 11:16 AM.

#8374 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,898 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:14 AM

...West Shore RCMP have arrested several outlaw motorcycle gang members on May 6, 2017 after conducting a traffic stop on a limousine on Highway 1 near Leigh Rd in Langford....

I read somewhere that these outlaw gangs are a big boon to Langord's economy.  ;)

#8375 martini

martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:30 AM

Fwiw, I was a Victoria city resident for 15 years. Now a Langford one. Myself and my daughter feel very safe even late at night. It's so clean here too. So
o what is the difference between municipalities?

Edited by martini, 11 May 2017 - 11:31 AM.

• pennymurphy2000 likes this

#8376 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:59 AM

Just to put things in perspective: http://heyjackass.co...ory/2016-stats/

• 57WestHills likes this

#8377 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 02:23 PM

Just to put things in perspective: http://heyjackass.co...ory/2016-stats/

That's a very well-done set of charts of Chicago murders.

2016_legal_022417.png

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#8378 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:42 AM

That's a very well-done set of charts of Chicago murders.

2016_legal_022417.png

Yes, the map comes in handy as a tourist. We need a Shot-in-the-Junk-O-Meter in Victoria.

Edited by todd, 12 May 2017 - 09:46 AM.

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#8379 Taj

Taj
  • 81 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:46 PM

Not sure if anybody picked up anything on the police scanner, but apparently there was a B&E committed by a paranoid man at Rose Manor on Rupert Terrace/Fairfield Ave.   I live in the area and the police came to my door asking some pretty pointed questions. I unfortunately wasn't able to help them, but wondered if anybody had any more details on what's going on.

This apparently happened a few hours ago and there are several police cars in the area still. 

#8380 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:42 PM

Victoria mom accused of murdering child can have spousal-support hearing: Court

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users