• Please log in to reply
9092 replies to this topic

#9081 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 16,843 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:37 PM

Didn't we have a case like this where master keys to those boxes went missing/stolen a few years ago? 

• todd likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#9082 Benezet

Benezet
  • 829 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:39 PM

Didn't we have a case like this where master keys to those boxes went missing/stolen a few years ago?

Something along these lines has happened before, yes.

Edit: I'm not here to speculate on cause or blame. I just want people to be aware. Cheers.

Edited by Benezet, 22 September 2017 - 09:42 PM.

• todd likes this

#9083 todd

todd
  • 4,509 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:13 PM

Puppy stolen from car in Tillicum Mall parking lot

https://globalnews.c...-puppy-saanich/

dog1.png?crop=0px%2C0px%2C502px%2C335px&

#9084 A Girl is No one

A Girl is No one
  • 489 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:32 PM

I heard about a serious assault last night at 10:30m on Broughton and Douglas. Anyone know anything about it?

#9085 A Girl is No one

A Girl is No one
  • 489 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:32 PM

Duplicate post

Edited by A Girl is No one, Yesterday, 05:33 PM.

#9086 Kungsberg

Kungsberg
  • 80 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:05 PM

I heard about a serious assault last night at 10:30m on Broughton and Douglas. Anyone know anything about it?

http://www.vicnews.c...orias-downtown/

One man is in custody and a 20-year-old man remains in hospital after being punched Saturday night downtown, apparently after asking someone for a cigarette.

VicPD are still piecing together what happened at the corner of Douglas and Broughton streets around 10:30 p.m. that led to an assault which ended with one man taken away by paramedics.

• A Girl is No one likes this

#9087 Nparker

Nparker
  • 15,725 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:07 PM

...One man is in custody and a 20-year-old man remains in hospital after being punched Saturday night downtown, apparently after asking someone for a cigarette...

Smoking IS dangerous to one's health.

#9088 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • 364 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted Today, 09:24 AM

Has this master key in the fire box theft issue been confirmed by anybody from the Fire Department or the COV in an official capacity yet?

I'm not seeing any reference to it anywhere but in this thread, which seems a bit odd for a situation that apparently affects over 1000 downtown businesses.

• Nparker likes this

#9089 Benezet

Benezet
  • 829 posts

Posted Today, 12:31 PM

To be clear, the figure I was given was for 1100 properties in general.

I doubt this will make the news, in any case, but it was telling to see that the key compartments had been removed from all the downtown buildings so equipped that I checked out over the weekend.

#9090 SimonH

SimonH
  • 305 posts

Posted Today, 02:21 PM

ScotiaBank on Yates was having their locks changed this morning.

#9091 Mr.B

Mr.B
  • 83 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted Today, 02:41 PM

To be clear, the figure I was given was for 1100 properties in general.

I doubt this will make the news, in any case, but it was telling to see that the key compartments had been removed from all the downtown buildings so equipped that I checked out over the weekend.

The fire box core/key is missing from our building in Vic West as well... property management is aware of it, but unsure if the FD removed it themselves.  Either way, its only a main entry door key, not a master key with suite access.  l would guess there is something that prevents them from putting a true master key with access to all suites is such a box... 

#9092 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 6,449 posts

Posted Today, 03:25 PM

Master keys were stolen/misused in 2012 and 2015.

#9093 Benezet

Benezet
  • 829 posts

Posted Today, 04:56 PM

I've just heard the police have apprehended an individual in connection to this, however it's believed they weren't working alone. Regardless, I'll have a shiny new building key shortly....

9 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1), A Girl is No one, Love the rock