Photo

Casa Tequila | Victoria | 103-535 Yates St.

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Ms. B. Havin

Ms. B. Havin
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 04:16 PM

Looking at the LLC Act it would seem that the name Casa Tequila may lead people to think that it is a liquor primary establishment rather than food primary...

Well, in that case the folks who police these issues might want to go after the Brasserie l'Ecole -- we wouldn't want innocent bystanders to assume this was a "school of hard (brass) knocks" instead of (gasp!) a restaurant, er, I mean: food-primary establishment...

Memo to bureaucrats: Bite me.
When you buy a game, you buy the rules. Play happens in the space between the rules.

#22 yodsaker

yodsaker
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 05:03 PM

Oh, Canada!

#23 Rorschach

Rorschach

Truth is my bitch!

• 758 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 11:08 AM

I just want some decent Mexican comfort food okay? I don't want the style served at Adriana's Cocina. How can it be that you can't get even slightly spicy flavourful food at any of Victoria's Mexican places? I think that we just don't have the right cook. The stuff from a cart rolling down the street in Mexico is just so simple and so good -- why can't a restaurant do that here?

#24 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,813 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 11:13 AM

The taco's at adrianas are quite like the cart tacos I have eaten. Same with los taquitos and hernandez. If you want cart mexican food here though you may actually have to get a cart yourself. I know someoe did them at the James Bay market a few years ago.

#25 yodsaker

yodsaker
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 05:28 PM

I just want some decent Mexican comfort food okay? I don't want the style served at Adriana's Cocina. How can it be that you can't get even slightly spicy flavourful food at any of Victoria's Mexican places? I think that we just don't have the right cook. The stuff from a cart rolling down the street in Mexico is just so simple and so good -- why can't a restaurant do that here?

IMO, not the cook but the clientele. How did Canadian-Chinese come about? To make a living you've gotta dish up what the market wants. Mashed potatoes rule in Canada, especially here.
Most Canadians who have been to Mexico wouldn't go near a cart!

#26 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,813 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 06:57 PM

Too bad the cart's are the best food there is.

#27 hotdoglegz

hotdoglegz
  • 120 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:59 PM

Well, in that case the folks who police these issues might want to go after the Brasserie l'Ecole -- we wouldn't want innocent bystanders to assume this was a "school of hard (brass) knocks" instead of (gasp!) a restaurant, er, I mean: food-primary establishment...

If you look at the literal definition of a Brasserie it is a Brewery so it is a bit surprising the name was permitted. If you look at it's current use it makes sense that it was allowed

Supposedly the word aquila is going to be preceded with a small blue agave cactus, to look like a T.

#28 Rorschach

Rorschach

Truth is my bitch!

• 758 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 05:58 AM

Too bad the cart's are the best food there is.

It's especially good at fishing towns where the catch of the day is prepared nearly immediately out of the water.

#29 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:20 AM

I don't understand where this is actually....

Anyway, looks like its about to be reborn as a late, late, late night eatery, courtesy of George Salvador:

http://www.facebook....8251573&index=1

I'm sure the lower-Yates residents that already hate Lucky are real happy about this, open until 6am.

#30 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,813 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:36 AM

Awesome. A true latin american lounge then.

#31 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,813 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 12:47 PM

There is still a for lease sign on the door and no sign of work being done. Are we sure this isn't just a name for a night at Lucky?

If it is going into this place then the noise should be pretty limited as the actual location is located at the back of the building adjacent the alley into Bastion Square.

#32 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 01:12 PM

There is still a for lease sign on the door and no sign of work being done. Are we sure this isn't just a name for a night at Lucky?

If it is going into this place then the noise should be pretty limited as the actual location is located at the back of the building adjacent the alley into Bastion Square.

No, Lucky would not be allowed to operate with those kinds of hours.

Fiamo 515 Yates
Lucky 517 Yates
Podium 531
The Reef 533

#33 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:27 AM

Through an odd twist I found out today that the people behind Los Taquitos now supply Mexican food stuff to Red Barn.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users