Photo

Worst Places to Eat in Victoria (Anti-Recommendations)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Savannah

Savannah
  • 213 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 05:01 PM

A few weeks ago, we went to church (and lo! were not struck down by lightning) to see our nieces in the Christmas play on Sunday morning. After, we went to Smitty's for breakfast/lunch/brunch, as it was close to the church.

Wow. From the moment I walked in and a surly waitress eventually asked "one?" and seemed rather disappointed when I said "four adults, two children", and walked away in response, I knew it was not going to be a good experience.

It wasn't. The service was awful, and the food was not good. My breakfast was undercooked and unappetizing, and my order was wrong, as were others'. Requests for the rest of the order, such as beverages, were ignored until our meals were basically eaten.

It was, as my husband said, the first time in a very long time, that he didn't leave a tip.

Never, ever going back there again. (I'd wanted to eat downtown, as after breakfast, I was going to go to the Museum gift shop for Christmas gifts. Great place to find unique things, I've learned. Expensive, but nice!)

That's my anti-recommendation.

#2 Savannah

Savannah
  • 213 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 05:04 PM

Moderator, can you move this post to "General Food & Dining" instead of "Restaurants"? Thank you, and sorry about that!

#3 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 05:24 PM

done

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users