Railyards Cafe | Victoria | At The Railyards development | Closed

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 12:24 PM

This was in today's T-C article regarding the Odgen Point Cafe being offered for sale:

"We just wanted to see what interest was out there." Patterson, who also operates the Y-Knot Café in the YM/YWCA downtown and recently closed the Railyards Café on the Upper Harbour, said the partners received "a few" calls on Ogden Point but only one offer was serious and it was below the asking price.
[...]
Other reasons for listing Ogden Point were the difficulties in maintaining staff in a tight labour market and frustration over the failure of the Railyards Café, which closed in October after only 13 months.

"I think we were a little ahead of our time ... we might have made a mistake but the jury is still out on that one," said Patterson. The Railyards condo project still has one phase under construction and the café faced staffing problems as well as road closures and limited access for several months. The 65-seat café, which is listed by Century 21 Royal Victoria in Oak Bay, is 3,000 square feet and has a 700-square-foot patio bordering the Galloping Goose Trail.

That's too bad. I'm sure it will be a success eventually.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#2 jklymak

jklymak
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 01:12 PM

I'm not terribly surprised. Aside from the view, the food and ambience reminded me of a dorm cafeteria. Decided if we lived there we would be going to the Spiral Cafe or Buon Amici across the trestle for our caffeine fix.

#3 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 02:40 PM

Yeah, it was terribly unorganized and messy when I visited.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users