Condo buildings' websites and blogs

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 10:11 PM

I've noticed some condo owners have a blog or website devoted to their building and issues of interest to their residents. Here's one for Shoal Point and here's one for the Soho on Mason St.

Do you know of any others?
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#2 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:53 AM

It’s like Facebook for your condo
MARY GOODERHAM
Special to Globe and Mail Update
Published Monday, Jan. 03, 2011 5:00AM EST
Last updated Tuesday, Jan. 04, 2011 10:26AM EST

He and his JazLabs partner, Layla Jazrawy, along with other team members, developed JazLife, an online service that allows people in apartments or condos to submit maintenance requests and find out about businesses in the area, as well as meet and learn about each other.

[...]

The service offers a concierge section, where tenants can get information about the building, book amenities and contact the management about maintenance and other issues. There is a “resident marketplace,” where tenants can advertise items available or wanted, and a community bulletin board where people with similar interests can meet each other. Local businesses can post promotions or specials.

"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."

#3 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,510 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:21 AM

You know, when I was on council I thought about putting together a small website for my building. Why didn't I think of something like JazLife?!

If they start using that here I could submit an endless stream of noise complaints to my neighbour!

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#4 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:48 AM

That link for Shoal Point seems to require a login.

#5 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:59 AM

^I noticed that. It didn't use to. I guess they didn't like us snooping.

I think that site is a good idea as strata managers spend all day on the phone and email dealing with little issues.

#6 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 03:12 PM

It's a good idea as long as the site is maintained. SoHo's blog hasn't been updated since 2008.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#7 mysage

mysage
  • 515 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:08 PM

It's a good idea as long as the site is maintained. SoHo's blog hasn't been updated since 2008.

This is a great idea. Does anyone have any experience with doing this for their strata?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users