Photo

Resturants recommondations please.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Easyone

Easyone
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 08:45 AM

Must accommodate a group of 23 and relatively close to downtown.

It's a wedding rehearsal dinner.

Thank you.

#2 Rorschach

Rorschach

Truth is my bitch!

• 758 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 05:26 PM

Do it at the Empress. Why screw around? It will be a wedding dinner no one will forget.

#3 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 06:48 PM

The Marriot's Fire and Water is well equipped for that sort of thing.

#4 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 07:01 PM

The Empress is probably too pricey for just a rehearsal. How about Med Grill. Or the Fifth Street Bar and Grill. My sister-in-law had her rehearsal dinner there and they loved it. Just call ahead to let them know you're coming.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#5 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 07:56 PM

Isn't Med Grill under new ownership or something? I think the name has changed, and unfortunately, so had the food (whether that's related to the name change [new owners?] I do not know).

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#6 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,806 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:45 PM

It depends if youare talking about Med Grill on Fort or Moxie's Med Grill that used to be the Med Grill on Yates.

#7 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:58 PM

I'm talking about the MG on Fort. It's no longer called Med Grill which leads me to believe the operation has changed hands.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#8 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 11:46 PM

5th St accommodated a party of 16 of us who descended upon them without reservations last Sunday afternoon. The place was pretty busy but they still managed to make room for us within 15 minutes and the service was really good. Pretty impressive. The lunch menu prices were good too, with everything being either $5, $10 or $15. I think the dinner menu goes up to $20

#9 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 11 May 2008 - 07:24 AM

Swans has a private room that catered our staff x-mas dinner. Great food!!!

#10 Rorschach

Rorschach

Truth is my bitch!

• 758 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:16 AM

I'm going to second Swans private room and Marriot's Fire and Water. Good food at both. I was thinking wedding and unforgettable memories with the Empress. Why does everyone think it is so expensive? They put on big dinners for groups all the time and have it down like clockwork. You will never get better or more professional service than you get at the Empress. And maybe it is a bit much for a rehersal. I guess my mind slipped and I was thinking reception.

#11 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 11:06 AM

Swans Collard room is nice, the warm brick and big old beams create a cozy atmosphere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users