Photo

Mountain Bean

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Koru

Koru
  • 715 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 09:38 AM

Has anyone been up to Bear Mountain lately and tried the newish Coffee Shop that is up there, Mountain Bean?

Its my understanding that it is owned by one of the investors in the whole development...they have one location here and another just opened in...get this...Winnipeg...

I've been up there for coffee and lunch a couple times, I'm a straight americano drinker so I don't know what there reg. brew is like, but the americano was decent...They have some really tasty lunch options and then of course you're typical squares and sweets like any other coffee shop and a few others I haven't seen in other places...

All in all...a good little joint in my opinion

#2 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,781 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 09:52 AM

Based on its location, I am doubtful I will ever experience the coffee or tasty treats offered here. I am more of a "stroll to my local coffee house" type of guy rather than a "let's hop in the SUV, burn a lot of fossil fuel to drive up a mountain in the burbs, for a cuppa joe" person. Good to know if I ever find myself stranded on Bear Mountain though. ;)

#3 Koru

Koru
  • 715 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:08 AM

Based on its location, I am doubtful I will ever experience the coffee or tasty treats offered here. I am more of a "stroll to my local coffee house" type of guy rather than a "let's hop in the SUV, burn a lot of fossil fuel to drive up a mountain in the burbs, for a cuppa joe" person. Good to know if I ever find myself stranded on Bear Mountain though. ;)

HAHAHA fair enough :P - well used to enjoy the stroll to the coffee shop routine but unfortunately where I decided to live really isn't within the stroll distance...at least I don't hop in the SUV, rather the little 4cyl car to go to bear mountain :P

#4 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,781 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:04 AM

And I meant no disrespect "guyinthesky", or a condemnation of where you live per se...it's just that I have a wee bit of a hate on for this whole "Bear-Mountain-high-end-1950s-suburban-love-of-the-car" development concept. If Mountain Bean ever opens a downtown locale, such as "Urban Bean" I will be sure to try it out.

#5 Koru

Koru
  • 715 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:17 AM

Oh and I realize that! - We're all entitled to our respective lifestyle choices...I simply responded out of pure and utter boredom up here today. The end part of the job in the crane is always the worst! :P

#6 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:19 AM

Perhaps we can get another good rant out of you before the day is over then, the last one was awesome.

#7 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,781 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:37 AM

Perhaps we can get another good rant out of you before the day is over then, the last one was awesome.

To quote Theodore Bickel "Are you talkin' to me?". If rants are what you want, simply rave "my" red flags: Bear Mountain & Amalgamation (and the lack thereof). But I must tell you I don't have the time today for a full-on diatribe; one day soon I hope.:P

#8 duvaroo

duvaroo
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:51 AM

We were there a few months ago because my husband was working up there and wanted to show me what he was doing. I thought the decor was really nice, but it was super expenisve and the food and drink were nothing to write home about. I won't be going back anytime soon.

#9 jklymak

jklymak
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:23 PM

Bear mountain is the best, and I hope they secede and form their own township, with their own police, fire, and utilities.

#10 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,781 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:56 PM

I say bon voyage then jklymak.

#11 LJ

LJ
  • 12,746 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:50 PM

Its my understanding that it is owned by one of the investors in the whole development...

Trevor Kidd
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#12 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:53 PM

Trevor Kidd

...former NHL goaltender.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users