Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:12 PM

Has anyone been and how is it?

#2 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:15 PM

Has anyone been and how is it?

WREN in Oak Bay do as the Oak Bayers do?

#3 yodsaker

yodsaker
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:20 AM

My wife has been 2X and liked it, though a tad pricey she thought.

#4 julienne

julienne
  • 225 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:54 PM

I thought the food too rich and there's way too much in the deep fried way. I'd like to challenge the chef to stop using it and start cooking.

On a positive note, the wine list is great and the room is superb considering the size - the designer did wonders. If I could go there just for a glass of wine and bask in the beauty of the room, I'd go more often.

#5 hotdoglegz

hotdoglegz
  • 120 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:31 AM

Closed up (last week I believe)

#6 Coreyburger

Coreyburger
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 09:48 AM

One of my ex-roommates used to work there part time. Is it closed part time or just closed for the season? I would the major challenge with that little strip of commercial and Estevan Village (one block east) is that neither get a huge amount of walk-by traffic during the winter, although this little strip has Food Forum, Slaters and the BC Wine Guys to drive daytime traffic.

#7 yodsaker

yodsaker
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 03:27 PM

One of my ex-roommates used to work there part time. Is it closed part time or just closed for the season? I would the major challenge with that little strip of commercial and Estevan Village (one block east) is that neither get a huge amount of walk-by traffic during the winter, although this little strip has Food Forum, Slaters and the BC Wine Guys to drive daytime traffic.

Pure Vanilla (perfect OB name!) across the street is always busy but its coffee and baked goods. I think the little plaza is a bit off the path for a real restaurant, not terribly high visibility.

#8 Coreyburger

Coreyburger
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 02:37 AM

Yes, but Pure Vanilla is closed by 5, so it doesn't drive much evening traffic. Food Forum does a little bit, but not a huge amount.

#9 CharlieFoxtrot

CharlieFoxtrot
  • 103 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 03:37 PM

Was just by there today - This has either changed owners or just re-named/branded itself.

The Wren sign-age is gone and it's now called Bistro 28.

#10 julienne

julienne
  • 225 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 03:46 PM

new owners. new chef. new name. new menu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users