Photo

Coming Soon...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,775 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 10:01 AM

...to the site of the former Arabian Nights Restaurant in the 1700 block of Douglas Street (adjacent to Centennial Square). The paper on the windows only indicates "COMING SOON", but I assume this will be another restaurant (attempt) at this location. Has anyone heard any details? Any bets on how long this one will last?

#2 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 10:06 AM

It could be a retail store designed to compete with the Adam & Eve store down the street.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#3 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 10:16 AM

It could be a retail store designed to compete with the Adam & Eve store down the street.

He he, it took me almost 2 seconds to get the joke.

I don't know, I'll ask around today.

#4 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,561 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 10:16 AM

So a fourth "adult" shop fronting onto Douglas? Lovely.

There's Red Hot at Douglas and Chatham, the Lingerie/adult-themed shop at Herald and Douglas, Adam an Eve at Douglas and Johnson and now the place at Fisgard and Douglas.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 10:31 AM

I know. Victoria's kinky sex belongs back in its historical place, in the church dormitories, naval barracks and residential schools.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."

#6 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,561 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:00 AM

So there's kinky sex taking place in these establishments?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#7 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 02:52 PM

Penalty is 2 points for the admittedly rather clever pun.

#8 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 03:07 PM

OK, here is what I found out.

I walked by on the opposite side of the road and saw a young gentleman of what appeared to be Asian ancestry emerge from the place. Do what you want with that info.

#9 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,561 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 03:24 PM

It's a trap!

Know it all.

#10 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 02:02 PM

A South Asian Kebab Place in Quadra Village.

#11 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 02:50 PM

The Wilson brothers are gonna open their place on West Saanich road soon. They did try to sell it before they had even opened it, I guess they had no takers at the price they wanted.

#12 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 06:04 PM

A new restaurant in the former Cafe Madrid location on Broughton. There's been a revolving door of ethnic eateries in that place lately.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users