BUILT
Hudson Walk Two
Uses: rental, commercial
Address: 755 Caledonia Ave
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 15
Hudson Walk Two is a 15-storey mixed-use rental tower with a commercial ground floor. The building is situated... (view full profile)
Learn more about Hudson Walk Two on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Hudson Walk | Rentals; commercial | Phase 1: 16-storeys | Built - completed in 2016 | Phase 2: 15-storeys | Built - completed in 2017

Office Commercial Rental

• Please log in to reply
1266 replies to this topic

#1 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:35 PM

Given Townline's pending acquisition of the old Radius project, a separate thread may come in handy.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,221 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:21 AM

Has it been confirmed that Townline HAS purchased this site?

#3 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:13 AM

Several sources say that that's the word on the street.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#4 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,221 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:24 AM

Moderators: To avoid confusion and double-posts, should the two Radius (Radii??)threads not be combined? After all it is the same piece of land regardless of what it ultimately is called and who develops it.

#5 concorde

concorde
  • Banned
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:29 PM

Has it been confirmed that Townline HAS purchased this site?

NO!!! I posted this on Friday on the Radius thread:

I heard a rumor that the Radius project has officially been sold to Townline Group as of last Friday. It might explain why the sales office and website are down. I'm going to try and phone an executive at Townline that I know tomorrow and see if there are any truth to the rumors.

and I posted this today:

I talked to Townline today, its not official, but they have expressed interest in purchase of the site, but it is still in the early stages of negotiation.

Lets not jump the gun, it might not even come to pass that they purchase the site.

#6 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:26 PM

Sounds good. I'll axe the name in the thread title.

Know it all.

#7 Zimquats

Zimquats
  • 299 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:43 AM

Am I the only one that thinks that if indeed Townline bought this site, the purpose of them buying it would be to sit on the empty lot. The way I see it, if the Radius doesn't go forward, that would significantly reduce competition for the Hudson.

Wait..oh, oh...I have to go, people in a white van are following me....

#8 Koru

Koru
  • 715 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:57 AM

Am I the only one that thinks that if indeed Townline bought this site, the purpose of them buying it would be to sit on the empty lot. The way I see it, if the Radius doesn't go forward, that would significantly reduce competition for the Hudson.

Wait..oh, oh...I have to go, people in a white van are following me....

I would tend to think something along those lines...buy the property (I'm assuming Townline would have the capital...) and sit on the site until an upturn on the economy and then perhaps additional development to work with the Hudson project? - As ambitious as the Hudson is, and as awesome it would be on the skyline with projects like Bayview II and Dockside Green III (and yes despite popular belief Dockside III is "slowing" down to a more realistic pace) stalling with the current credit crunch and economic situation I'm sure we won't be seeing the towers at the Hudson start right away...

Zimquats are you sure the people in the white van aren't there to invite you to the underground VV Beautiful People's Club? :P

#9 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,786 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:58 AM

No I bet they will go commercial on the site.

#10 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 06:16 AM

Per an article in today's T-C, the Radius site is under contract to Townline.

http://www.canada.co...ea-c6425a5cb715

#11 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 04:33 PM

Townline will probably build the parking structure for both towers and complete the commercial component well before the residential component is started.

But then again, perhaps there will be no residential component at Radius given Townline's future residential projects in the immediate vicinity.

Know it all.

#12 Zimquats

Zimquats
  • 299 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 06:17 PM

That article screamed of Townline trying to renegotiate all the additional parking for SOFMA the city was making them include.

#13 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 08:59 PM

I'm not sure but eliminating the residential might entail rezoning, or at least a new Development Permit. I'd have to read the docs to be sure.

#14 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,221 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 09:48 PM

That article screamed of Townline trying to renegotiate all the additional parking for SOFMC the city was making them include.

And as well Townline should. It's shameful that private developers have to pick up the pricetag for supplying parking for a public facility. The city dropped the ball big time on SOFMC, when (amongst other things) they didn't insist that it include reasonable on-site parking. Now whenever a private developer wants to build something of any size nearby SOFMC, they are expected to supply parking for a facility that doesn't really benefit them at all.

#15 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 12:33 PM

And as well Townline should. It's shameful that private developers have to pick up the pricetag for supplying parking for a public facility. The city dropped the ball big time on SOFMC, when (amongst other things) they didn't insist that it include reasonable on-site parking. Now whenever a private developer wants to build something of any size nearby SOFMC, they are expected to supply parking for a facility that doesn't really benefit them at all.

How many times do I have to say this. There is no parking problem at the arena. None.

#16 aastra

aastra
  • 20,568 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 02:44 PM

People wanted underground parking at the arena, where it wasn't needed, but they don't want underground parking at the Jubilee hospital, where it is needed.

#17 Guest_Marcat_*

Guest_Marcat_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:09 PM

How many times do I have to say this. There is no parking problem at the arena. None.

I dunno, when I roll in for a concert or a Salmon Kings game, parking can be a real pain in the ass.

#18 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:17 PM

If you're trying to park within a one block radius of the arena, then yes, parking could be tight. But if you don't mind walking three or four blocks then there is no problem to speak of.

Know it all.

#19 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,786 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:25 PM

I think they should build a parkade along Quadra with retail storefronts.

#20 Guest_Marcat_*

Guest_Marcat_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:43 PM

If you're trying to park within a one block radius of the arena, then yes, parking could be tight. But if you don't mind walking three or four blocks then there is no problem to speak of.

Well, yes thats exactly it...if you want to walk 4 blocks...which don't get me wrong I've got no problem doing that, doesn't bother me, it just strikes me as it would have been prudent planning on the part of the City of Victoria to incorporate a parking garage under the arena or a parking structure somewhere on the property...

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users