it seems unthinkable to me that they would scale back the gcbf to just bc breweries. what is this insanity?
Only eight or nine out-of-province brewers, from as far away as Quebec and Whitehorse, are represented. Hieter says that at some point, the festival may only feature B.C. companies.
iirc there was a time when the gcbf was in our tiny conference centre & moved out to RAP where it has been held since. have they even tried finding a bigger location, or keeping most of it at RAP & expanding into nearby central park (behind the crystal pool, kitty-corner from RAP). there are much bigger locations that could probably accomodate the breweries on the waitlist. places like landsdowne school, topaz park... they could even have multiple locations, like the beer olympics. bc breweries at RAP, rest of canada somewhere else or whatever. here are some stats from the great american beer fest
- The festival sold out in 1 hour 17 minutes during the public ticket sale in 2015. In 2007, the festival sold out the week of the event.
- An estimated 3,500+ beers will be poured in the festival hall—the biggest selection of American beers ever served.
- 60,000 attendees (includes ticketed attendees, brewers, judges, volunteers and journalists) are expected in 2015.
- 750+ U.S. breweries will pour in the festival hall in 2015—a new record.
- GABF had a $7 million economic impact on the city of Denver in 2012, according to Visit Denver, the city’s convention and visitors bureau.
Edited by amor de cosmos, 11 September 2015 - 09:28 AM.