Photo

VV on CFAX Tuesday, August 5

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Jacques Cadé

Jacques Cadé
  • 938 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 02:01 PM

A little bird tells me that Caramia and Mike K will be on CFAX 1070 tomorrow (Tuesday) afternoon, from 4 to 5 pm, to talk with host Dave Lennam about local politics and the Vibrant Victoria forum generally. Please tune in, and feel free to call the show at 386-1161.

There should be quite a few listeners. Apparently Dave's lead-in guest from 3 to 4pm will be Len Barrie.

#2 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 03:28 PM

Thanks, Jacques.

Dylan will also be joining us on the air tomorrow.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#3 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 07:04 PM

A little bird tells me that Caramia and Mike K will be on CFAX 1070 tomorrow (Tuesday) afternoon, from 4 to 5 pm, to talk with host Dave Lennam about local politics and the Vibrant Victoria forum generally. Please tune in, and feel free to call the show at 386-1161.

There should be quite a few listeners. Apparently Dave's lead-in guest from 3 to 4pm will be Len Barrie.

No doubt a good act to follow. I think that lots of people with tune in to Len simply to hear what the guy is going to say!

#4 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 03:38 PM

Boy. It's weird putting voices to their written word. Good job guys!
Another big jump in membership, I'm sure!

#5 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 04:38 PM

any link or transcript?

#6 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:48 PM

No, sadly they don't record them for prosperity.

It was fun :)

#7 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:59 PM

You can get a recording from CFAX for $10.

#8 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:02 PM

Lana Popham sent in a very supportive email while we were on the show! Thanks Lana!

#9 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:11 PM

The show went very well. Thanks for getting us on!

#10 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:23 PM

No, sadly they don't record them for prosperity.

It was fun :)

You can get a recording from CFAX for $10.

Earth to CFAX.... this is supposed to be the 21st century....

#11 Jacques Cadé

Jacques Cadé
  • 938 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:57 PM

Good job on the show, gang. Hope it brings more traffic to the forum.

I agree it's too bad that CFAX doesn't have podcasts of its shows online. But would you really want to listen to all those ads anyway?

#12 Newlywednotnearlydead

Newlywednotnearlydead
  • 187 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:23 PM

You all did well, although it seemed a little confusing with so many people taking part in the interview. You held it together well though, I would have sounded a lot more nervous being broadcast to thousands on the radio like that.

#13 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:24 AM

You just pretend everyone listening to you is in their underwear ;)

It was a good show. Thanks again for everything.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#14 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:29 AM

I forget there is an audience. Which is what I do when I post on these forums mostly. The power to select my reality makes me mighty in media, a pain in the ass in relationships.

:P

#15 Phil McAvity

Phil McAvity
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:36 PM

^I'm more like Newlywednotnearlydead (good nickname too!) but then years of thinking I am the center of the universe will do that.

Caramia, how is not being self-conscious at all a bad thing in relationships?

You just pretend everyone listening to you is in their underwear ;)

Or worse, naked, interfering with themselves. :eek:

Was that 10$ for a copy of the show serious? I'd like to get a copy. Did Caramia sound all sexy-like and start coming on to the interviewer? :D

#16 osmich

osmich
  • 205 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 07:33 PM

Who are you guys?

#17 Ms. B. Havin

Ms. B. Havin
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 07:55 PM

^ well, I'm not a guy, so not sure if the question is directed at me, or if it's directed at the ribald humor around public exposure... (i.e., the punning around how to handle it)...

I started on VV with an avatar because I had figured out who the key people were (and at the time, VV was still very much at its beginnings, with probably quite a few people thinking it might be great to strangle this vocal infant in its crib), and I thought that if I didn't have an avatar, someone would call me at home to demand information (which I wouldn't want to give, then -- today, VV is healthy and hale and quite capable of standing up on its own).

I'm all over the web under my own name -- this is the only place I have an avatar.

I've begun to think that an avatar is like the (US) army's "don't ask, don't tell" policy. If someone does ask me, I don't mind telling them that, yes, of course, I'm that avatar. If someone doesn't ask me, I don't tell.

But, the trick of course is that you have to know me (know my email or my various other online places or see me in Victoria) to ask. :-)

Bottom line: I'm just an ordinary citizen, nothing special, no extraordinary powers, can't see through solid walls or read anyone's mind (except for what my coven lets me get away with, bwahaha!)...
When you buy a game, you buy the rules. Play happens in the space between the rules.

#18 Jacques Cadé

Jacques Cadé
  • 938 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 03:35 PM

I've just ordered a copy of the show, and will post an MP3 here after I get the CD from CFAX.

#19 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 04:32 PM

god bless you

#20 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 02 September 2008 - 05:53 PM

sweet!

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users