Photo

Guitar shops & luthiers

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Zombie T

Zombie T
  • 75 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:18 AM

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this, but I was wondering if any guitarists out there had any guitar shops/luthiers they'd recommend for guitar setup/work?

#2 http

http

Data Sans Practicality

• 1,029 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:47 AM

I play electric bass, and I've not had any problems with my Alien for, well, decades. That said, I've seen and heard nothing but good results out of Old Town Strings.
"Who are those slashdot people? They swept over like Mongol-Tartars." - F. E. Vladimirovna

#3 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 06:46 PM

I'll second the nomination for Old Town Strings.
Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900), The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

#4 Zombie T

Zombie T
  • 75 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 07:27 AM

Cool. I'll have to check them out sometime. The guitar I bought is actually in pretty good shape, so no initial setup is required.

#5 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 08:46 AM

There was a news article last week regarding Old Town closing their Market Square location and downsizing to a repair only operation in Quadra Street Village.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#6 jklymak

jklymak
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 09:18 AM

Yeah - I was surprised to see that the Market Square store is closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users