BUILT
Mayfair Shopping Centre
Use: commercial
Address: 3147 Douglas Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 3
Mayfair Shopping Centre in the City of Victoria was expanded by 100,000 square feet in 2018 as part of a high-... (view full profile)
Learn more about Mayfair Shopping Centre on Citified.ca
Photo

[Victoria] Mayfair Shopping Centre | Built in 1963 | Expansion completed in 2018

• Please log in to reply
658 replies to this topic

#421 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 08:16 AM

Any word on whether Shoppers Drug Mart will be moving into the vacated Chapters location on Douglas? I apologize in advance for this off-topic post.

My understanding is that's been a done deal for a long time
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#422 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,555 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 08:17 AM

Canadian Tire.
  • Cassidy likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#423 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 08:18 AM

Any word on whether Shoppers Drug Mart will be moving into the vacated Chapters location on Douglas? I apologize in advance for this off-topic post.

My understanding is that's been a done deal for a long time
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#424 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,604 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 01:26 PM

Bass Pro doesn't really do "urban" stores... just look at where they're located in every other city. Pretty much always at the edge with major highway access. Mayfair probably doesn't tick the right boxes for a Bass Pro/Cabelas.

Ivanhoe Cambridge owns Tsawwassen Mills, so it's not like they're unfamiliar with the brand.

Yes I know i've patronized the brand for 20+ years now (where is that facetious emoji Mike K?) both here and the US and know that with the BP in Tsawwassen and the Cabela's in Nanaimo that Mayfair is a long to non-existent shot. That said.... 

.....my actual point was that by continuing the previous rinse and repeat trend of offering up little more than "fashion chain" stores, primarily, the expanded Mayfair like many malls continues to ignore the other half of the demographic that could care less.

Whether it be a fishing/sports or hardware or hobby store include something - anything - that will entice males to walk through their doors. At the very least it will give us something to do while the wives and daughters make a fuss over the Pandora beads, the Coach purses and the Sephora makeup kits.....

#425 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 04:17 PM

I'll throw another guy-friendly name out there: Lee Valley Tools. 

• AllseeingEye likes this

#426 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,555 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 04:22 PM

Yup, and Princess Auto.

• Matt R. likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#427 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 04:35 PM

I'll throw another guy-friendly name out there: Lee Valley Tools. 

Yup, and Princess Auto.

The latter name seems rather ironic, n'est-ce pas?

#428 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 06:19 PM

I own some commercial real estate and I will say that while I have the list of tenants on my wishlist not all want to lease in the locations I have so there is that

I've been to Cabela's in Nanaimo, walked around, yawned and then walked out without buying anything.  Never been to BP thou although I do like to fish

Anyway like I said earlier with the age of online shopping its rare I need to even go to a store, everything comes right to me usually at cheaper prices and if I am lucky I can even skip the PST.  I am almost on a first name basis with the UPS guy he is at my house so much

#429 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 09:49 AM

Perhaps the Indigo opening is imminent: Chapters downtown is having a “store closing” sale with all books 25 percent off. The magazine section in the downtown store has been discontinued (I believe it was managed by a third party).

The downtown store closes Sept 10.

Edited by Kapten Kapsell, 14 August 2018 - 09:58 AM.

#430 Cats4Hire

Cats4Hire
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 10:13 AM

Apparently there's also a deal this week where if you buy $40 in books you get a $10 Indigogift card. Might have to try and get down there tomorrow.

#431 grantpalin

grantpalin
  • 804 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 10:34 AM

Well, the more they sell now, the less they have to pack and move. May pop in after work and see what's available.

#432 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 11:07 AM

The new Sportchek at Mayfair is quite nice. Although, the golf section seems to have actually shrunk. 

#433 Cats4Hire

Cats4Hire
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 11:14 AM

I assume Indigo is now open. They were putting up such signs in the window as I went by today.

#434 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 07 November 2018 - 11:18 AM

Noticed starbucks wallpaper on the unfinished SW corner windows of the mall (Douglas/Finlayson). Not sure if that's a net-new Starbucks or a relocation of the existing ones nearby (in the mall by ToysRus, or across the Douglas on the westside of the mall).

#435 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 11:23 AM

Noticed Starbucks wallpaper on the unfinished SW corner windows of the mall (Douglas/Finlayson). Not sure if that's a net-new Starbucks or a relocation of the existing ones nearby (in the mall by ToysRus, or across the Douglas on the westside of the mall).

Perhaps a Starbucks outlet within Indigo?

#436 Cats4Hire

Cats4Hire
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 11:26 AM

Chapters had one on the top floor before they moved so that's possible.

#437 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 11:31 AM

There will be a Starbucks in the new Indigo location, and I believe the old one by Toys R Us will stay as well to keep the food court crowd.

I don't think Indigo is open just yet, but they were hoping to be open by the weekend.

#438 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 01:02 PM

I have yet to checkout the new section of Mayfair. Doing more online clothes buying from LL Bean these days.

#439 Brantastic

Brantastic
  • 924 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 06:56 PM

Gosh, the options for coffee in the area are almost overwhelming! How does one choose between Starbucks, Starbucks, Starbucks or Tim Hortons? 

I get that they are serving different types of customers, but my god...

#440 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:02 PM

If I recall correctly its a stand alone Starbucks, but it has been a few months since I have seen the drawings

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users