Victoria Swan Lake - May 12 2009 Election

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:46 PM

This is the new name of the riding that was Victoria Hillside. Rob Flemming is running here for the NDP and should have no trouble winning.

This riding has changed more than its neighbours. It loses the Saanich Panhandle and Mount Tolmie to Oak Bay Gordon Head, the Bay/Cook/Pandora block to Victoria Beacon Hill. It moves its northern boundary to Mackenzie from Cedar Hill X to the Pat Bay Highway and gaining all of Saanich south of Hwy 1 through to Portage Inlet.

The net result is to make the riding more NDP friendly.

#2 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 18 March 2009 - 03:19 PM

Bob Savage is the Refederation candidate

Robert (Bob) Savage

This Nova Scotia born BC Refederation Party candidate has lived all across Canada, and the US and worked in BC for over 20 years in various positions of Government, private business and within the Telecommunications Industry.

After spending 2 ½ years in Saudi Arabia as a Telecommunications consultant on Customer Service and 3 years teaching Business courses at the International Trade Institute in Taiwan, Bob returned to his chosen home town of Victoria.

His experiences in project management throughout many fields of industry, Provincial Government , International Business and direct cultural life experiences make Bob the ideal candidate for the Victoria-Swan Lake Electoral District.

Bob is able to understand the governmental vs cultural differences that good government should focus on. He also worked his way up through the ranks and became a respected Business Owner, International Project Manager, Teacher and mentor, and can relate and emphasize with both the hard working blue collar individual and the everyday business owner.

“ I may be new to the political scene, but I bring with me an extensive understanding of the needs of the people. “

#3 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 18 March 2009 - 04:56 PM

Election Prediction Project page for Victoria Swan Lake

#4 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:49 PM

This is my own riding and it is currently held by New Democrat Rob Fleming. He will be easily reelected by one of the largest margins of any New Democrat.

My Prediction of the Result:

* Rob Fleming 12 200
* Jesse McClinton - 7100
* David Wright - 3450
* Spoiled Ballots - 500
* Bob Savage - 230

#5 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:54 PM

Rob's a great guy, regardless of which party he runs for. Under STV hopefully the person will matter more than the party, and we can get the best people into the job without sacrificing political power to partisanship.
Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900), The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

#6 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,778 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 01:02 PM

Rob Fleming was my representative until the recent boundary changes. He made it easy to vote with a clear conscience. I am now forced to choose a candidate whom I feel is the least of 3 evils, only because I cannot allow my vote to assist either of the other two major parties' candidates in my riding. I pray STV passes!

#7 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 01:27 PM

Rob is a good guy, I like him, and yet I hate the NDP.

He'll win no problem.

#8 victorian fan

victorian fan
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:19 PM

Jesse McClinton, the Liberal candidate for Victoria Swan Lake, was once charged with drunk driving, but pleaded guilty to a lesser offence and avoided a criminal record, it was revealed.

Reached yesterday, McClinton described the 2006 incident as a "moment of indiscretion." "Having alcohol and getting behind the wheel of a car is inappropriate and not recommended," he said, adding, "It was three years ago. I've moved forward since then."

http://www.timescolo...3273/story.html

#9 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 28 April 2009 - 10:50 AM

http://www.timescolo...3273/story.html

His interview on CBC News on Friday was quite telling. He 'seemed' geniunely contrite and I think we all have youthful indiscretions - which was exactly what he was trying to play off of. But he erased any empathy from me when he went on about how if he had more money he would have fought it (in court).

So let me get this straight - you admit that you screwed up and then lament aloud and in on on-air interview that you wish you'd had the money to fight it so it would have went away and not be an issue today?

What a total douchebag!

#10 Lover Fighter

Lover Fighter
  • 653 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:34 AM

I live in this riding and I'm still not sure who I'll be voting for. I'm a BC Liberal guy, but I love Fleming (and don't really know McClinton, other than this drinking/driving thing). I know Fleming will win, and almost want to vote for him anyways, but I don't think I can justify voting NDP.

I just pray BC-STV will pass so I don't have to deal with dilemmas like this again.

#11 Lover Fighter

Lover Fighter
  • 653 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:36 AM

I pray STV passes!

Rob is a good guy, I like him, and yet I hate the NDP.

He'll win no problem.

Wow, I should probably read the entire thread before posting in it... everything I just said has already been expressed (almost word for word!).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users