Photo

La Belle Patate | Victoria

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 julienne

julienne
  • 225 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:24 PM

Ventured into deepest darkest Esquimalt yesterday to La Belle Patate. Their motto: Change the Routine with a Poutine!
handcut fries topped with cheese curds and slathered with beef gravy. Deluxe! Other poutine dishes served are one with bbq sauce, chicken bbq, or the Quebec countryside specialty galvaude, an order of poutine with chicken and peas. The traditional Spruce beer is offered along with hand formed burgers, and smoke meat sandwiches. A beautiful thing.
Tuesdays: 2 poutine for $8.49
Go now. 1215 Esquimalt, 250-220-8427

#2 yodsaker

yodsaker
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:36 PM

You know its Quebecois when there's biere d'epinette in the house....
childhood flashbacks!

#3 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,130 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 03:27 PM

i've been 3 times now & everything is perfect. they keep their walk-in fridge in the seating area, and the food is excellent & comes on paper plates. & the portions aren't too big either. on tv shows like diners drive-ins & dives, or feasting on asphalt, some places get quality & quantity mixed up (or they think they're the same things) but at la belle patate i find that the portions are fairly reasonable. i got one of their subs knowing that the menu said "loaded" so I sort of expected a foot-long bun mounded with stuff, but it turned out to be more like a 6-inch. maybe it was the same kind of bun they use for their hot dogs? & the smoked beef sandwiches are similar; smallish slices of rye bread piled with the meat, etc. from what i remember, the burgers aren't much bigger in diameter than an english muffin. that sort of food might be calorie dense but there aren't gluttonous american portions. it's sort of like owning a gas-guzzler like a hummer but only driving it once a month.

#4 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,130 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:04 PM

finally tried the poutine. i got their wednesday special which is bbq poutine avec bbq chicken which was as good as i'd hoped but i thought it was a pretty big order for a medium. i've seen the large; it's probably enough for 3 people!

#5 Van

Van
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:29 PM

I've had the large on a couple of occasions and finished it by myself. Definitely great when you're/about to be drunk :D Also tried the steak sub a couple weeks back... awesome!

#6 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,130 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 10:39 AM

best thing on the menu so far is the smoked meat poutine imho. even better than the steak & pepperoni sub

#7 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,130 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:51 PM

try the belle burger, just don't lose your grip ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users