Cabin 12 | Victoria | Cedar Hill Rd. At Lang

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

#101 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:39 PM

Cabin 12 is accepting Canadian Tire money at par all this week...
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#102 cabin

cabin
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:07 AM

I really like Cabin 12, it's pretty close to where I work but I only have about 30-40 min to eat and the food sometimes comes at ah, uhh... "relaxed" pace. This is fine for a lazy weekend breakfast but not so good for a business lunch.

You guys ever think of doing quicker cheaper lunch specials? Can one phone ahead and order to have the food ready at a certain time? I'd love to work cabin 12 into my workweek lunch rotation.

Hi Baro, I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to reply.

Originally we could only afford the labour for one person up front and one in the back, which unfortunately often led to delays. As we're getting slightly busier and having tweaked our hours a bit (9-3 daily), we've managed to create 4 shorter shifts that overlap at lunch, rather than simply the 2. This is helping considerably with our speed issues.

But to call ahead with a pre-order, that's sublime.

our # is 250-590-1500 and our menu is on our Facebook Page;

http://www.facebook.com/Cabin12

or Urbanspoon

http://www.urbanspoo...bin-12-Victoria

(we also like to have fun. The Facebook page is where we host our treasure hunts, pirate chases and weekly ridiculousness. Also watch for our new menu within a couple of weeks )

As for your other question, we're now offering specials on most days which we broadcast on Twitter, @Cabin12Victoria, and on our sidewalk board. We're trying to design them with budget and speed in mind. Give us a shout from 9 for the daily scoop!

Cheers,
Corey

#103 Lenaville

Lenaville
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:19 PM

I'd love to come more often for the business lunch too! Pre-order is a good way indeed.
Your Eggs Bennie are really good and the fruit you serve with them are mmm... delicious!
Gave out your "free coffee" cards to coworkers, hope they will pop by!

#104 cabin

cabin
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 05:21 AM

Thanks Lenaville,

I appreciate it!

Cheers,
Corey

#105 martini

martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 03:38 PM

Had a really nice lunch there today. My son was really intrigued with the place. Especially the art work.
Listening to Sgt. Pepper on LP was awesome. :)
Food good
Service good
Timing good
:)

#106 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,160 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:28 PM

^ Sgt. Pepper........my first 8 track....I know..

I like the cabin too.

#107 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:54 AM

Globe and Mail yesterday.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#108 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,744 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:24 AM

As mentioned by Bob Fugger in another thread, Cabin 12 will be moving to the space formerly occupied by Sliders restaurant on Cedar Hill Cross Rd and Lang Street, which is just south of North Dairy.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#109 SamCB

SamCB
  • 665 posts
  • Locationvictoria

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:04 AM

That's a bad business decision. They'll lose all the walk-by foot traffic from downtown and have to rely on an established clientele who will seek them out.

#110 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:22 AM

That's a bad business decision. They'll lose all the walk-by foot traffic from downtown and have to rely on an established clientele who will seek them out.

Except that they're being evicted as part of the Hotel Victoria renovation. And I'm sure the lease terms were favourable. I think that they will do better, as they now have free off- and on-street parking - unlike downtown.

#111 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:55 AM

So that must be Cedar Hill Road, not Cross Road.

#112 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,813 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:59 AM

So is the hotel project moving along then?

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#113 SamCB

SamCB
  • 665 posts
  • Locationvictoria

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:31 PM

That's just a terrible location for a restaurant. There's no visibility except from cedar hill. No pedestrian traffic. No cross shopping opportunities. No critical mass.
I love the place and hope it does well. But if you're gonna leave downtown, you should really consider the location. This reminds me of when Floyd's was in that hotel on Douglas for a short time.

#114 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,744 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:40 PM

The space sat vacant after an Italian deli/cafe closed down several years ago. Sliders took over and lasted about 2 years, I think.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#115 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:47 PM

That's just a terrible location for a restaurant. There's no visibility except from cedar hill. No pedestrian traffic. No cross shopping opportunities. No critical mass.
I love the place and hope it does well. But if you're gonna leave downtown, you should really consider the location. This reminds me of when Floyd's was in that hotel on Douglas for a short time.

That Floyds is now called Spoons - which does a rollicking good business. I was there a couple of Sundays ago and it was packed. During the week, they benefit from the blue collar crowd, especially now since Kitty's closed.

You don't need to be downtown or on a major thoroughfare to be successful - I mean, it helps. Look at places like McCrae's, Delish, The Superior: they've been around for years.

Plus, I think breakfast places tend to fare better in locations like that.

#116 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,813 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:12 PM

Yeah Spoons is a great place and does hopping business. I don't think the name changed due to lack of business there.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#117 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:17 PM

Yeah Spoons is a great place and does hopping business. I don't think the name changed due to lack of business there.

It changed names once it was no longer owned together with Floyd's

#118 dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds
  • 214 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:38 PM

Looks like Cabin 12 is now open for buisness at Cedar Hill and Lang St.

#119 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,744 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:46 PM

Hopefully this works out for them. Previous tenants in the space have had a difficult time making a go of their operation.

Know it all.

#120 pseudotsuga

pseudotsuga
  • 287 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:51 PM

^Recent tenants have (none of which I ever got around to trying), but I think La Collina was there for ages until they tried their massive expansions.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users