• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:55 PM

I just got an interesting call from the federal Green Party (I am on their mailing list because I offered to volunteer in Saanich-Gulf Islands at a point before Elizabeth May became the leader).

Apparently the Saanich-Gulf Islands riding association is in anarchy and they are looking for people to attend the upcoming AGM to help right the ship. I kindly informed him that I had moved within the past year and that I was now living in the federal riding of Victoria.

He then preceeded to inform me how great that is, because Elizabeth May was thinking about carpetba...err, running in my riding in the (eventual) upcoming election - and if I was interested in volunteering for that riding?

I informed him that my interest in the Green Party had waned once it became obvious to me that it's leader was a complete f'ing moron. Why would I devote my free time, I asked him, to an arrogant, Liberal-toadying moron, who had the hubris to believe that she could dethrone a Tory cabinet Minister, who is the son of Tory cabinet Minister, in a riding that has bled Conservative blue since before the advent of responsible government?

He didn't actually have a response. I broke the awkward silence by asking him to call me once Jim Harris was back driving the eco-friendly bus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users