Photo

Public Eye Online

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 09:22 PM

I noticed there wasn't a thread about this awesome government watching site by Sean Holman. Discussion of Public Eye Online probably belongs in this section but I'm cross posting what's below in the radio section because Public Eye now also has a radio show on CFAX.

-----------------------------------------

Tune in to C-FAX tomorrow to listen to VV Member Lana Popham interview Sean Holman. No - I'm not confused. Lana and Sean are turning the politician/reporter relationship on it's head for a morning.

From Public Eye:

Turn around is fair play
Sunday morning, on Public Eye Radio, provincial New Democrat legislator Lana Popham interviews host Sean Holman as part of our commitment to media accountability. Fightback editorial member Mike Palecek discuss his effort to "take back" the new Democrats. And our rabble-rousing panel - Don Anderson, Bob Russell, Allan Warnke and Monday Magazine's Jason Youmans - debate the week that was in provincial and federal politics. You can listen to Public Eye Radio outside of Victoria by logging into CFAX 1070 between 8:00 and 10:00. Or check us out after the show by downloading our podcast. If you have a question for one of our guests, you can email us or leave a comment below.

Posted by Sean Holman at 01:01 PM

Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900), The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

#2 Jill

Jill
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:40 AM

Sean's got a track record of digging into things that other media don't cover, or pursuing things beyond just regurgitating press releases. I remember his coverage of that episode at Black Press a couple of years ago, when Brennan Clarke lost his job after running a story that irked a prominent advertiser. Public Eye was the only outlet to reveal that the publisher had brought the story to the advertiser's attention in the first place.

#3 newostar

newostar
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 03:45 PM

I love this website too. It's very innovative. Before the mainstream press has their story out, Sean is already live blogging from the event. Very good site, especially if you work for the public service.
Looking for work in Victoria?
VictoriaBCJobs.ca - The only way to look for Victoria jobs.
Daily refreshed postings. Connect direct to career pages.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users