BUILT
Hudson Place One
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 777 Herald Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 25
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, sub-penthouse, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Hudson Place One is a 25-storey, 176-suite mixed-use condominium tower with ground floor commercial space at d... (view full profile)
Learn more about Hudson Place One on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Hudson Place One | Condos; commercial | 25-storeys | Built - Completed in 2020

• Please log in to reply
1676 replies to this topic

#41 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:36 AM

Well ground floor residential really won't work. With a wide side walk some shops and other commercial would work here.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#42 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:24 AM

Should add that there is current commercial at the Juliet, Serious Coffee, Romeos, kitchen place. Some is to be part of Gateway Green and Hudson Walk The arena is across the street and there is a street front community centre. I see lots of potential.

It has a whole new look!

#43 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:43 AM

Fellas, I think we solved the mystery by agreeing further up in the thread that this is just a recycled designed from the Centro project and by no means represents the actual design of Hudson Place. Why this design was used as a placemaker I wouldn't know, but we shouldn't put too much weight on what we see here.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#44 ryno8097

ryno8097
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:57 PM

So exactly where would the southwestern corner of Blanshard & Herald be?

picture from http://www.hudsonplace.ca/what/

This is what you would see if you are driving south on Blanshard St. The slope is Herald Street. Hence, the southwestern corner of the intersection of Blanshard St & Herald St (or - the northeastern corner of the property). The 24-storey highrise would go to the right of this structure. And the rental unit would sit in the background of both. I hope that explains it better. :thumbsup:

#45 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:29 PM

Sorry, yeah, I eventually figured that you were referring to the northeastern corner of the parkade site. The reference to the southwestern corner made me think of a 4-way intersection by default, and since there's not a 4-way intersection there I think I must have been wondering if that was actually the spot that you meant.

Also, looking back at older images, I didn't realize that the taller condo tower had already been rotated on its footprint at least once before. I was thinking it would be a significant departure from the older plan to be doing that sort of thing now. I think I might have repressed memories related to this project.

#46 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:39 AM

Are you guys sure we're not just looking at a rendering that depicts the slope on the old Centro property? Notice the below Centro rendering also has a slope, although we're looking at a different face of the design in the image below.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#47 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:16 AM

If they're lazy enough to recycle the Centro drawing I doubt they'd put the effort into correcting the ground slope of the Hudson site drawing. Think about it.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#48 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:46 PM

I didn't notice the slope in the Centro drawing. What happened to the hi-res version? Is there really that much of a slope along Cormorant/Pandora on that block?

Thus, I was thinking they had just added an arbitrary slope to suggest the Hudson site even though the drawing was originally made for the Centro site.

Edit: sorry, the larger image is still there...

CENTRO:

HUDSON:

These images aren't exactly the same (in my original post I said they were, but they aren't):

- 6 ground floor commercial units in the Centro version seem to be 7 townhouse units in the Hudson version
- The slope seems to be greater in the Hudson version
- the balconies don't protrude as much in the Hudson version
- the vehicle entrances are not the same

#49 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:07 PM

Upon further review of the Centro thread, is it possible that these images represent different versions of the taller Centro building? One version had the taller building on Pandora and another version had the taller building on Cormorant. That's where I'm betting my donuts at this point. The difference in the style of the ground floor units would seem to confirm it.

Otherwise, I give up speculating about it.

#50 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:28 PM

I think you're correct on all counts, aastra.

Know it all.

#51 ZGsta

ZGsta
  • 573 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:24 PM

Sorry, is this phase actually under construction now too? Or is it just the Mews?

#52 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:03 PM

Just the Mews at this point.

Know it all.

#53 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

Wrong Thread. Please post construction updates in the Mews thread.

It has a whole new look!

#54 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,404 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:18 PM

I'd bet on it, but when it gets built is another matter.

Oh I am more than 50% sure it and the 17 floor project will get built; I really just want some sort of proposed "when" for Hudson III & IV. 2016? Later?

#55 smartstart

smartstart
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 08:21 PM

Photoblimp spotted on top of the old parkade tonight...,could Townline be planning to start the big tower???? View shots for marketing?

#56 smartstart

smartstart
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 08:25 PM

image.jpg

#57 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,404 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:02 PM

Photoblimp spotted on top of the old parkade tonight...,could Townline be planning to start the big tower???? View shots for marketing?

I don't think Townline would contemplate the next tower at the Hudson until closer to the completion of Hudson Walk. Assuming the tallest tower does go ahead will it be rental or condo?

Edit: The again, here is what Townline's website is saying:

hp.JPG

Edited by Nparker, 09 June 2015 - 09:07 PM.

#58 smartstart

smartstart
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:44 PM

Photoblimp = market condos. Those views will be killer.

#59 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:47 AM

141 units seems low.

#60 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:57 AM

Legato has 88 at 17-storeys, so 141 isn't so bad. I've put in a request for more info to see if we're talking about the 24 or 17-storey tower.

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users