BUILT
Hudson Place One
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 777 Herald Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 25
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, sub-penthouse, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Hudson Place One is a 25-storey, 176-suite mixed-use condominium tower with ground floor commercial space at d... (view full profile)
Learn more about Hudson Place One on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Hudson Place One | Condos; commercial | 25-storeys | Built - Completed in 2020

• Please log in to reply
1676 replies to this topic

#1 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,784 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 08:00 AM

Since the property has been divided into seperate developments, I thought we should divide the thread.

So this thread is for discussions of Hudson Place, the two remaining Hudson towers not including Hudson Mews.

#2 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:02 PM

There were fairly significant changes in position and massing of the smallest tower since the initial design proposal.

Older design:

Here's the new model:

#3 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 09:03 AM

Do you know if office/retail is still a component of the groundfloor?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#4 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 09:33 AM

^ ^ What is the green thing on the roof above "STREET" on the model? It looks like a tennis court.

#5 Linear Thinker

Linear Thinker
  • 522 posts
  • LocationWork from home, Live in Fairfield

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:07 PM

^ ^ What is the green thing on the roof above "STREET" on the model? It looks like a tennis court.

I know it's the wrong colour for a beach volleyball court.

#6 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:29 PM

Maybe it's a green roof or a garden?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#7 victorian fan

victorian fan
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 04:05 PM

tallest tower, currently approved for 24-storeys and some 72-meters in height

wow 236 feet

#8 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:37 AM

The discussion on rental housing has been moved to an existing rental housing thread. Please continue the rental housing discussion there.

Know it all.

#9 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:16 AM

A thread has been started for phase II of the Hudson project, the 12-storey rental/condo building called The Hudson Mews. It is discussed here.

Please continue to discuss the future phases of the Hudson project, as well as news/developments affecting the entire project, in this thread.

Know it all.

#10 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:44 PM

Here's a rough mock-up of what the future phases of Hudson will look like from north Douglas.

Click here for a LARGE version of the photo.

Know it all.

#11 LJ

LJ
  • 12,685 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:50 PM

^That seems to balance the skyline nicely.
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#12 ZGsta

ZGsta
  • 573 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:57 AM

I'm not crazy about those colors though...

#13 jaylow

jaylow
  • 188 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:39 AM

on the i love downtown victoria facebook page the picture is shown and people are jumping alll over how much of an "eye sore" this is going to be

#14 aastra

aastra
  • 20,568 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:11 PM

How can we complain if we don't know what the buildings will look like? Methinks any half-decent modern condo tower should be a big improvement over what was there before (the parkade).

#15 ZGsta

ZGsta
  • 573 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 01:07 PM

Actually it looks like the complaints on that facebook post are from people that think the buildings will ACTUALLY LOOK LIKE THE RENDERING.
ie, "Well, the 1800's ( or thereabouts) don't appear to have been built using Duplo blocks. Much as I love funny looking buildings, I'd rather they were somewhere else"

#16 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:27 PM

Oh my...

Know it all.

#17 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 12:08 PM

So over the last couple weeks I've noticed poeple were working in the stump of the parkade. I was hoping they were prepping it for demo or something. Nope, they've been painting it, putting in new lights, and now just finishing up painting new crisp parking stalls and signage. Are they trying to make a little money by having pay parking on site? Does this mean they have no plans on "moving the parking underground" as the banners say any time soon?
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#18 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:30 PM

Here's a rendering of what appears to be an 18-storey Hudson Place tower. Isn't this site approved for 24- and 17-floors?

Know it all.

#19 aastra

aastra
  • 20,568 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:07 PM

Pretty sure that's an old image of Centro. It looked exactly the same.

http://www.vibrantvi...23&postcount=28

Edit: Or are we saying the Centro architecture will now be used for the Hudson towers, seeing as how Centro is no more?

#20 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:45 PM

aastra that picture is straight from the horses mouth. http://http://www.hudsonplace.ca/what/

Good catch on it looking like the old Centro design though. Maybe Townline is buying the Centro design instead of starting from scratch? It is a solid design and isn't being used otherwise so why not?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users