Lully's Sandwich Bar | Victoria | 700-block of Broughton St. | Closed in 2011

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#41 Van

Van
  • 87 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:22 AM

Right. I remember that.

Perhaps the relative benefits of a food cart in Vancouver outweighed the hassle of a brick and mortar operation in Victoria?

But that being said, maybe the place really is just closed for renos.

If it's closed for renos, then he must have deep pockets. I walk by the place every week, and nothing has moved inside for weeks.

#42 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:57 AM

More likely people got smart to the ridiculousness of the prices.

#43 hotdoglegz

hotdoglegz
  • 120 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:12 AM

Lully's is open again.

#44 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:05 AM

Likely due to legal action by the landlord, provided Lully's did not buy the space outright (each space within SoMA was sold as a strata unit).

Anyone know if they own the space?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#45 Barra

Barra
  • 592 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:26 PM

Lully's is open again.

Open? When I went by there today there was still paper on the windows and it was looking pretty down and out....
Pieta VanDyke

#46 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:59 PM

^ Me saw same yesterday.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#47 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,149 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:48 PM

I don't think that Lully is coming back.

#48 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:55 PM

I don't think that Lully is coming back.

Oh dear God. Liverpool rots!!!!

#49 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:05 PM

http://www.facebook....4041280?sk=info

http://anfield-coffee.com/

Inspired by my passions for tasty food, great customer service and Liverpool FC, Anfield has been a labour of love for me these past few months since closing Lully’s Sandwich Bar and I’m looking forward to getting back to what I love to do.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#50 bluefox

bluefox

ex-Victorian

• 697 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:31 PM

As a Blues fan, I couldn't possibly support this new venture. :P

#51 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,149 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:51 AM

^^ Good work VHF. So it would appear that "Skully" (I always thought his name was Lully) is re branding his eatery. Looks like a focus on coffee, but he will still serve the smoke meat sandwich, foot long hotdog, along with daily soup.

His web site did not mention if he was going to stay open for the late night drink crowd, but that was something he was talking about before he closed Lully's.

Never say never.

#52 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:15 AM

As a Blues fan, I couldn't possibly support this new venture. :P

Me too, same reason. GO BLUES!! ;)

#53 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:28 AM

This seems like a silly brand. How many people will identify with this? And what does it have to do with food and drink?

#54 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:48 AM

I thought you could hardly do better that the stylish look Lully's had. It was a perfect fit for the building. Too bad the Japanese Village building next door never went through with their exterior renovations, they would have looked great I bet.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#55 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:22 AM

Hmmm. Non-football fans won't make the connection (hence hard to market) and as for footy fans, most are so diehard that if they don't follow Liverpool FC, they'll avoid the place like the plague. I wonder if he'll be getting a letter from the legal department of the team for adapting the logo (coffee cup)?

#56 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:31 AM

Hmmm. Non-football fans won't make the connection (hence hard to market) and as for footy fans, most are so diehard that if they don't follow Liverpool FC, they'll avoid the place like the plague. I wonder if he'll be getting a letter from the legal department of the team for adapting the logo (coffee cup)?

I'm surprised that the Corporate Registry allowed it, after what I had to go through to get my business name registered. There is already an Anfield Electric in town with much the same logo.

#57 bluefox

bluefox

ex-Victorian

• 697 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:22 AM

Hence my comment. I'd only go if there was a Chelsea match on their TV (which will only happen when Liverpool plays them). Not to mention, I'd only go to mock the poor Reds fans.

#58 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:10 PM

Grand re-opening. Opened for a few mornings with coffee and bakery goods, but has been closed a lot again lately (including one day he promised to be there by lunch - according to the sign - and wasn't). Another sign today, saying that he was closed for family reasons :(

#59 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:33 AM

Hmm. I wonder what's up.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#60 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:23 PM

This Mr Lully is beginning to sound like a bit of a flake. I walked by Monday afternoon and the place looked ready for business yet it was closed.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users