Photo

James Bay Inn | Victoria | south Government St.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 05:48 PM

The JBI has a very strange commercial on CFAX, it talks of how their "apprentice cooks experiment...."

Is that a good marketing idea?

#2 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,795 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 05:56 PM

It's a trap!

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#3 victorian fan

victorian fan
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 07:22 PM

Gordon Ramsay's the head chef?

#4 weirdie

weirdie
  • 497 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 05:20 PM

Gordon Ramsay's the head chef?

It's funny you should say that. After one particularly horrible meal, my friend commented, "It's like we're on an episode of Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares."

#5 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:41 AM

The JBI has a very strange commercial on CFAX, it talks of how their "apprentice cooks experiment...."

Is that a good marketing idea?

OK, heard the ad again. It goes "daily specials where our apprentice chefs, just waiting to be discovered, experiment with..."

So it got me thinking, I wonder what they experiment with, and these experiments came to mind:

• Trying a special rare-cooked burger.
  • Raising and lowering the temperature of the cooler overnight to see how it affects food taste.
  • Trying a variety of special, aged, room temperature foods, like poultry sushi.
  • Salad dressings made from raw meat drippings.
  • See how long they can each go without hand-washing.
  • Test what foods can be cooked/prepared using common bathroom fixtures (toilet, sink, hand-dryer)

#6 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,194 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:54 AM

Say what you will about your opinion of their food or advertising campaigns, but unless you work there and have something to share with the class, commenting about how poor their sanitation must be is a little offside. Take a look at their most recent health inspections, and you'll find virtually nothing to mention.

-- Matt.

#7 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:36 AM

Say what you will about your opinion of their food or advertising campaigns, but unless you work there and have something to share with the class, commenting about how poor their sanitation must be is a little offside. Take a look at their most recent health inspections, and you'll find virtually nothing to mention.

-- Matt.

First off, welcome to the forum, Matt! I see you are brand new, with one post. I don't think I've ever been to the JBI, I have no idea how the sanitation is, I just found the advertising campaign strange. Maybe people love it, it sure got me listening.

Stick around for a while, you'll get my humour by, say, 2012. :)

#8 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,194 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 02:20 PM

First off, welcome to the forum, Matt! I see you are brand new, with one post. I don't think I've ever been to the JBI, I have no idea how the sanitation is, I just found the advertising campaign strange. Maybe people love it, it sure got me listening.

Stick around for a while, you'll get my humour by, say, 2012. :)

Thanks for the welcome! I look forward to learning all there is to know about your humour, especially when it involves reflecting negatively on a business you've never been to. Delightful!

If you are curious though, take a look at their health inspections on the web, it's a valuable resource for the dining public!

-- Matt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users