Photo

Victoria Car Shares

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 spanky123

spanky123
  • 14,202 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 09:10 AM

car ownership has never been easier. that’s the competition.

I think that if you live downtown in a large city then there is a good argument against car ownership from an economic standpoint. What is killing car sharing though is Uber/Lyft. For a hop around the City it is more convenient and less expensive than car sharing. I think that Zipcar and Car2Go just see the writing on the wall. 

#42 gstc84

gstc84
  • 402 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 10:28 AM

Living in a downtown condo, Modo remains way more affordable and desirable than car ownership for me. Just renting out my vacant parking space at my building is more than enough to offset the cost of my monthly Modo membership and driving time (4-5 hours every two weeks, on average). Not even getting into the amount I'm saving on gas, insurance, etc. I can only imagine the savings would be amplified in Vancouver, though I have no frame of reference for costs of using Uber/Lyft.

I've still been using Modo during the pandemic, I just bring a few disinfectant wipes with me and wipe down the car at the start and end of my booking.

#43 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,268 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 16 June 2020 - 11:49 AM

The "AirBNB of car sharing" has launched in BC. Turo received insurance from ICBC and member vehicles are now available across the province, including several in the Capital Region already. The service allows members to list their vehicles for rent while they are not being used, and markets itself as an alternative to vehicle rental agencies.

via https://dailyhive.co...hare-bc-launch 

via https://turo.com/ca/...ada/victoria-bc

#44 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher
  • 15,394 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 03:08 PM

seems reasonable.

the psychological barrier has always been in the mind of the person loaning a car.

so if they have got past that and are willing to loan seems fine. probably better than loaning your car to a random friend or workmate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users