• Please log in to reply
1154 replies to this topic

#1001 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 55,563 posts

Posted 27 May 2024 - 08:57 PM

screenshot-x.com-2024.05.28-00_56_55.png

Students horrified after seeing Netanyahu hanged in effigy on McGill's Roddick Gates

"It's really frustrating that hate has become acceptable at my school."

https://montrealgaze...s-roddick-gates

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 27 May 2024 - 08:58 PM.

#1002 Nparker

Nparker
  • 42,024 posts

Posted 27 May 2024 - 09:04 PM

The MSM needs to stop calling these pro-Palestine protests and name them correctly as antisemitism.
  • lanforod likes this

#1003 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 16,368 posts

Posted 27 May 2024 - 09:19 PM

Remember they hate hate….

#1004 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,148 posts

Posted 27 May 2024 - 09:34 PM

maybe it's not what i would do but give me a break, the most obvious interpretation of that image has nothing to do with his jewishness, it's that he's a criminal in a chain gang sentenced to hard labour. the icc is looking to have him and his defence minister arrested for crimes against humanity, remember? just a couple days ago? and if this gaza thing ever ends he's going to prison for corruption, remember that too? and he sure isn't the first politician to be done up that way.

• Matt R. likes this

#1005 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 16,368 posts

Posted 27 May 2024 - 09:47 PM

So it’s like unpacking the nuance of the F🍁CK TRUDEAU flag is what you’re saying?
  • max.bravo likes this

#1006 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 27 May 2024 - 10:04 PM

^only if seen at an #idlenomore occupation. White dudes with F Trudeau stickers on pickup trucks are still in-nuanced deplorables.

#1007 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,646 posts

Posted 27 May 2024 - 10:05 PM

They really are.

#1008 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 55,563 posts

Posted 27 May 2024 - 10:58 PM

screenshot-x.com-2024.05.28-02_58_06.png

• Nparker likes this

#1009 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 85,012 posts

Posted 28 May 2024 - 03:13 AM

The University of Victoria said in an email that it was focusing on dialogue with protesters, despite an increase in cases of "challenging behaviour" on campus since the protests began.

The school said it was "interested in having productive dialogue with members of the encampment to work toward a peaceful resolution."

Didn’t we just hear the protestors aren’t even at the ‘negotiating’ table?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1010 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 55,563 posts

Posted 29 May 2024 - 05:57 AM

As university students across Canada wrap up their spring semester and many take a break before starting another academic year in the fall, some students are reflecting on one of the bigger challenges they face in their pursuit of higher education — imposter syndrome.

Feeling that you are inadequate or that you don't belong is something many young Black and racialized people experience at different times during their studies.

Ariana Petrazzini knows this all too well. The 21-year-old Scarborough, Ont., native is going into her third year of health sciences at McMaster University in Hamilton.

Petrazzini said she's always been "really, really interested in neurology," and is hoping to pursue a career in medicine. But she said she's had to deal with the feeling of not being intelligent, capable or creative enough to achieve her goals.

"The biggest thing I've had to battle is imposter syndrome," Petrazzini told CBC Hamilton.

"Even just being in my program and looking at my peers around me, and I'd just feel a sense of, like, is it a mistake that I'm here? Am I as worthy as them?' 

"And I think that's something that a lot of Black students might face, just because, you know, sometimes we see ourselves underrepresented in these fields, and that can sort of take a toll in what we see as possible and what we see as, you know, just feasible," she added.

https://www.cbc.ca/n...drome-1.7204913

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 29 May 2024 - 05:57 AM.

#1011 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 16,368 posts

Posted 29 May 2024 - 06:17 AM

We all feel that….
  • Nparker and Love the rock like this

#1012 Nparker

Nparker
  • 42,024 posts

Posted 29 May 2024 - 06:23 AM

The term "racialized" is nonsense.
  • Victoria Watcher and JimV like this

#1013 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 16,368 posts

Posted 29 May 2024 - 07:19 AM

Newspeak always sounds like nonsense to the non zealot.
  • Nparker and Victoria Watcher like this

#1014 Nparker

Nparker
  • 42,024 posts

Posted 29 May 2024 - 07:22 AM

Does a person become "racialized" the way they become "radicalized"?

#1015 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 16,368 posts

Posted 29 May 2024 - 07:27 AM

Depends on perspective. We are considered radicals just for not going along with the latest thing.

#1016 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 16,368 posts

Posted 29 May 2024 - 07:31 AM

Just comply…. https://youtu.be/QP3...?feature=shared
  • Nparker likes this

#1017 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 29 May 2024 - 11:08 AM

Does a person become "racialized" the way they become "radicalized"?

I think racialized is the new word for marginalized.
Only alt-right and Islamic terrorists can become radicalized

#1018 Nparker

Nparker
  • 42,024 posts

Posted 29 May 2024 - 11:28 AM

I think racialized is the new word for marginalized...

Then the woke should say marginalized. All humans are racialized.

Edited by Nparker, 29 May 2024 - 11:29 AM.

#1019 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 85,012 posts

Posted 29 May 2024 - 01:28 PM

UBC has cleared out their encampment.

So what now, UVic? Have the protestors joined you at the table yet for dialogue, or will you wait for another knife incident before taking action?
  • Nparker likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1020 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,148 posts

Posted 29 May 2024 - 06:05 PM

surprise!

Tens of thousands of dollars pumped into organizations involved in recent anti-Israel demonstrations on college campuses originated in the fortune of one of America’s most venerable and politically active Jewish families—one that includes a sitting U.S. congressman and a former contender for ambassador to Jerusalem, and which owes its wealth to the Levi Strauss denim dynasty.

A much-publicized recent report by the Institute for the Study of Global Antisemitism and Policy, an Israeli-backed think tank, ranked the Bafrayung Fund as the single largest sponsor of pro-Palestinian activist groups involved in campus demonstrations and adjacent actions.

*snip*

Behind the Bafrayung Fund is a 33-year-old Bay Area resident, Rachel Gelman, scion of the family behind the Levi Strauss company and cousin to Rep. Dan Goldman (D-NY). The money for the Bafrayung Fund comes from just two sources: Gelman herself, and the Morningstar Philanthropic Foundation—the personal charity of her parents, a pair of major Democratic Party donors who own a chain of publications catering to East Coast Jewish communities, have been long active in organizations promoting American-Israeli relations, and even got engaged on a kibbutz.

*snip*

According to a 2013 profile in the Israeli newspaper Haaretz, Susie Gelman’s involvement in Jewish issues started early, and she met her husband through a youth group of the organization now called the Jewish Federations of North America, in which both would later hold leadership roles. The couple co-owns the Mid-Atlantic Media Group, which publishes the Baltimore Jewish Times, the Philadelphia Jewish Exponent, and Washington Jewish Week.

The same profile notes that Susie Gelman’s attachment to Israel also began when she was young, as she made her first trip to the Jewish state in 1970, the year she turned 16. Haaretz also recalled that during the Second Intifada of the early 2000s, a wave of violence characterized by suicide bombings targeting Israeli civilians, Gelman found she “could not sit idly by while Israelis were experiencing such trauma” and volunteered at a Jerusalem hospital.

https://www.thedaily...ly-being-jewish

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users