Mini Golf in and around Victoria

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 SimonH

SimonH
  • 913 posts

Posted 04 September 2021 - 12:00 PM

I'm usually frightened going downtown.

I'd recommend a 3 iron and a driver, you'll not be frightened then. If stopped by the police tell them you're off to the mini golf.

• todd likes this

#22 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,844 posts

Posted 13 May 2023 - 02:56 AM

$14,999,990

Endless Possibilities! 6.43 flat, southern exposure, low bank waterfront (720 ft frontage) With 8.25 acres of Foreshore Lease (80+/- Boat Slips with room to expand, Gas Bar, Boat Launch) with Marina all located on the Victoria side of Sooke. Approximately 25-30 minutes drive from Downtown Victoria. C4 Zoning with potential of upgrading. This site has been operating as a Campground, Lodging, Marina and Recreation Site for over 50+ years and has a great history. 2 road fronts (over 1300 sqft bordering Sooke Road and Goodridge Road. There are Cabins, Mobile Home Site Pads, Outbuildings, 64 x 66 Concrete Block Marine and Auto Repair, Storage and Office Area. Living quarters and potential staff housing and Office area for Campsite as well as the Marina area. Zoning right now would allow for approximately 78 units (with Sewers or density bonusing this number could double) Please call or email for package. Priced at $14,999,990.00

https://www.realtor....-sooke-saseenos

Sunny Shores website:

https://www.sunnysho...com/marina.html

931472_13.jpg

#23 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,456 posts

Posted 13 May 2023 - 07:16 AM

What a property.

Family friends used to own this way back in the day. Once sewers are extended to this area (which won’t be any time soon, mind you), this will become a prime waterfront residential community.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#24 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,844 posts

Posted 13 May 2023 - 07:26 AM

Boat moorage, fishing charters, mini golf. Hotel. Camping. Store.

Ideal for a family with 12 kids to own.

#25 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,844 posts

Posted 13 June 2023 - 02:45 PM

Come and discover a truly exceptional property nestled amongst an Oasis of gardens and ponds, while offering boundless opportunities. Voted Vancouver Islands most beautiful Mini Golf is self-evident. This profitable business presents an ideal investment opportunity for investors seeking to capitalize on the turn-key Mini Golf operation. You will appreciate the added income from the tastefully updated spacious 4 bed/4bath home. Nothing to do but enjoy this gorgeous home which includes numerous updates; new kitchens, bathrooms and laminate floors throughout. The ‘Whistler Style’ clubhouse offers endless possibilities and additional revenue. This property has everything you need to either have as a turn-key operation or add other potential revenue streams. The combination of the prime location, turn key business in place, rental revenue and land, allows additional possibilities.

934364_17.jpg

$4,000,000

7081 Central Saanich Rd

https://www.realtor....ich-island-view

How many rounds of mini-golf do you have to sell to pay off the $4M?

https://www.islandviewgolf.ca/about/

screenshot-www.islandviewgolf.ca-2023.06.13-18_48_48.png

EDIT: you must sell 400,000 adult rounds.   Or 109 rounds per day 365/7 for the next 10 years.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 13 June 2023 - 02:51 PM.

#26 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 13 June 2023 - 03:04 PM

It was a court ordered sale in 2014. Asking $1.65M at the time.
https://www.timescol...-centre-4612809

I remember when they closed the driving range and took down the big nets.

#27 aastra

aastra
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 13 June 2023 - 03:58 PM

I'm not sure I was aware there was mini golf there.

#28 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,665 posts

Posted 13 June 2023 - 04:49 PM

That just goes to show how truly mini it is.

• Barrrister likes this

#29 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,008 posts

Posted 13 June 2023 - 07:23 PM

We did this as part of our peninsula edition staff party a few years back, loved it. They opened just for us and let us bring all sorts of “treats” to enjoy while there. Great course! Lol

#30 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,001 posts

Posted 14 June 2023 - 11:03 AM

That just goes to show how truly mini it is.

I was there a few weeks back and noted that the owners had actually invested some money putting in new carpet and slashing around a coat or two of paint. Now I know why!

• Nparker likes this

#31 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,844 posts

Posted 27 June 2023 - 04:16 PM

Golf legend Tiger Woods is again leaving his mark on the sport, this time by playing a crucial role in Glendale’s newest attraction, PopStroke.

The 36-hole mini golf course, located inside the Westgate Entertainment District, opened its doors on Thursday, making it the latest technology-infused golf experience in the Valley.

“Here at PopStroke, we’re all about being inclusive. Whether you’re 3 years old or you’re 83 years old, you can putt,” said Timothy Glita, PopStroke’s Director of Operations.”If you’re not into putting, we have a restaurant, an ice cream parlor, an amazing playground for children and complimentary ping pong, cornhole and foosball.”

The 36-hole mini golf course is co-owned by Woods and designed by the 15-time major winner’s golf course design firm, TGR Design. Woods and TGR have been involved with PopStroke since 2019 and have uniquely designed all seven locations in Florida and Texas.

Woods’ fingerprints are seen all over the Popstroke facility in Glendale. People can buy replicas of Woods’ iconic tiger head cover, a former golf bag is displayed, and a large plaque containing a quote by Woods greets golfers as they walk onto the course.

Having Woods’ name associated with the business also helps bring customers through the door.

https://cronkitenews...se-tiger-woods/

screenshot-cronkitenews.azpbs.org-2023.06.27-20_17_02.png

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 27 June 2023 - 04:17 PM.

#32 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,140 posts

Posted 27 June 2023 - 04:37 PM

^ Cornhole……priceless.
  • Matt R. likes this

#33 LJ

LJ
  • 12,728 posts

Posted 27 June 2023 - 07:36 PM

^Hey, don't mock, my neighbour down south was the cornhole champion of our subdivision.

Glad I didn't win.

• Sparky likes this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#34 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,844 posts

Posted 11 December 2023 - 11:46 PM

949667_20.jpg

$3,600,000

https://www.realtor....ich-island-view

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 11 December 2023 - 11:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users