2118 replies to this topic

#1801 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 55,558 posts

Posted 26 February 2024 - 06:03 AM

YouTube VIDEO:

https://youtu.be/8Ne...VlqRjo41x&t=371

According to NDP MP Randall Garrison, parents have a "responsibility" to "affirm their kids". "Affirmation", in this context, refers to support for a manufactured sexual delusion leading towards hormonal annihilation and surgical mutilation of children.

Dr. Phil joined The Joe Rogan Experience earlier this week, where the pair reacted to comments from NDP MP Randall Garrison, who suggested parents don't have rights when it comes to their children.

https://www.rebelnew...ights_in_canada

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 26 February 2024 - 06:05 AM.

#1802 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 16,368 posts

Posted 26 February 2024 - 06:22 AM

“He says Premier Danielle Smith has "terrified" people, and "queer kids don't need to be fixed. They're fine the way they are."
How is that for doublespeak? This is the problem…. Government needs to stop telling them they are in the wrong body and that their buddies over at Big Pharma can fix them. Shhhhh don’t tell your parents. They are your enemy.

#1803 Nparker

Nparker
  • 42,024 posts

Posted 26 February 2024 - 07:37 AM

Are hormones and genital surgeries not "fixes"?🤔

#1804 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 55,558 posts

Posted 27 February 2024 - 05:15 AM

Here’s a quick trick to get rid of lineups

Re: “Don’t trust reports on clinic wait times,” letter, Feb. 24.

The letter notes clinic wait times only cover “patients who get in the door, not how many patients were turned away as the clinic was either at capacity or there no doctor was available.”

It describes how at the Westshore UPCC, people start lining up before 6 a.m., and if you are not in line by 6 or 7 a.m., you won’t be seen.

The writer describes standing in line in cold weather for hours with pneumonia — repeatedly.

She suggests Health Minister Adrian Dix join the lineups to observe the elderly, young mothers with newborns and others who often cannot receive timely care and are turned away and not seen on a daily basis.

Luckily, Dix has already solved this problem.

Starting March 4, the Westshore UPCC will dispense with lineups. The only way to get in will be arranging an appointment over the phone. If you can get through. And there’s capacity.

Health care is like a radio contest.

See? No lineups!

Mark Roseman

Victoria

https://www.timescol...et-math-8361874

We’ll be OK with our grandkids nearby

Saturday’s Times Colonist had an interesting juxtaposition of articles.

A front-page news story spoke of the tragic death of a young woman in Nanaimo, because of a lack of accessibility to decent health care.

And the letters page doubled down on the health-care crisis in Victoria, with one writer lamenting the long lines at health clinics with “elderly people who can barely stand … looking for medical care that is not available.”

Then I read that Victoria city council approved a 23-storey rental tower, where “the average size of a unit is 389 square feet.” Coun. Krista Loughton spoke “of the importance of creating things so that people’s children and grandchildren can support parents in their older age, that for me, trumps everything.”

At first, I thought her comment trumped common sense. Why plan for thousands of more people to come to Victoria, when thousands are already here and desperate for doctors?

But then again, who needs doctors when our grandchildren will be waiting in their 389-square-foot apartments, ready to take care of us.

Ira Shorr

Victoria

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 27 February 2024 - 05:17 AM.

#1805 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 55,558 posts

Posted 27 February 2024 - 05:52 AM

Massive new survey finds widespread frustration with access to primary health care

OurCare Initiative finds primary care is the top concern as 6 million people go without a family doctor

https://www.cbc.ca/n...f_11071_1416260

#1806 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 85,012 posts

Posted 27 February 2024 - 07:33 AM

Well for gosh sake, no kidding. You don’t need polls to figure that out.

Mum’s friend had a fall and ended up in ER over the weekend. She says she wasn’t cared for very well at all, and the ER was full of street people in all states who were being tended to like little children, while this elderly woman with a broken wrist couldn’t get basic services with workers telling her “we don’t do that,” or “it’s not our job to provide that service.” She left furious, after a 24 hour stay.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1807 Wally

Wally
  • 162 posts

Posted 27 February 2024 - 07:45 AM

My partner and I were in Palm Springs last week and she woke up one morning feeling really ill. We drove the the nearest urgent care centre where we waited about 5 minutes to be triaged, another 10 minutes to see the PA to do a history and then 10 minutes more to see the family doctor who was excellent. 

The doctor spent about 15 minutes with my partner and ordered a prescription which was then automatically sent to the nearest pharmacy which we then drove to and retrieved. 

Total cost was $240US for the medical visit and $28US for the prescription. Travel insurance covered it but even had it not, I would have been happy to have paid out of pocket for such great service. Contrast that with Victoria where best case to see a family doctor is a day if you wake up after 6AM and miss the queue, or an indeterminate amount of time at a hospital sitting in emergency.

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#1808 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,718 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 27 February 2024 - 08:17 AM

My partner and I were in Palm Springs last week and she woke up one morning feeling really ill. We drove the the nearest urgent care centre where we waited about 5 minutes to be triaged, another 10 minutes to see the PA to do a history and then 10 minutes more to see the family doctor who was excellent. 

The doctor spent about 15 minutes with my partner and ordered a prescription which was then automatically sent to the nearest pharmacy which we then drove to and retrieved. 

Total cost was $240US for the medical visit and $28US for the prescription. Travel insurance covered it but even had it not, I would have been happy to have paid out of pocket for such great service. Contrast that with Victoria where best case to see a family doctor is a day if you wake up after 6AM and miss the queue, or an indeterminate amount of time at a hospital sitting in emergency.

Out of pocket cost would only have been $268 USD? That is a lot less than I'd have thought.

#1809 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 85,012 posts

Posted 27 February 2024 - 08:26 AM

You can thank Michael Moore docs for that.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1810 Nparker

Nparker
  • 42,024 posts

Posted 27 February 2024 - 08:35 AM

Like Canada's legal system, health care in our country is utterly broken.

#1811 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 16,368 posts

Posted 27 February 2024 - 09:19 AM

Public service reminder.
We just came through a health crisis where capacity was already 110%. Billions and billions were spent. The result? No new infrastructure, 10% of staff fired for being strong willed, countless more kept out by still having mandates.

If you search google news the hospitals at 110% capacity goes back decades already.

It’s not rocket science. Especially once the billions were flowing.

instead of destroying the museum and proposing to build a new one shouldn’t they have proposed a new healthcare facility? Wasn’t that in 2022? Shouldn’t there be a recruiting effort for doctors and nurses not students?

They spent 6 million to shoot some deer on a recreational island. That could have been a family doctor’s facility staffed for a years startup.

Just lifting the mandates and inviting people back with some extra cash and an apology would help.
  • Nparker and phx like this

#1812 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 55,558 posts

Posted 27 February 2024 - 09:21 AM

We need to find a new way to do healthcare more efficiently. One way would be to make it less “free”.

Free sounds good, but not at the expense of “unavailable regardless”.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 27 February 2024 - 09:22 AM.

#1813 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 16,368 posts

Posted 27 February 2024 - 09:24 AM

Charge the drug addicts for their supply. Use that money to give us free healthcare. 

• Nparker, phx and Victoria Watcher like this

#1814 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 16,368 posts

Posted 27 February 2024 - 09:27 AM

This symbolizes how their projects go for us. 

Okq2vqG.jpeg

669xVge.jpeg

Edited by dasmo, 27 February 2024 - 09:28 AM.

• Nparker likes this

#1815 Nparker

Nparker
  • 42,024 posts

Posted 27 February 2024 - 09:39 AM

A perfect image to show the results of 6+ years of the NDP.

• dasmo, Victoria Watcher and max.bravo like this

#1816 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 85,012 posts

Posted 27 February 2024 - 03:13 PM

Is that the facility where staff were exposed to toxic levels of fentanyl?

• Victoria Watcher likes this

Know it all.

#1817 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 16,368 posts

Posted 27 February 2024 - 03:30 PM

Is that the facility where staff were exposed to toxic levels of fentanyl?

It's the Tally-Ho. Is that the same? 

#1818 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 55,558 posts

Posted 27 February 2024 - 03:34 PM

Yes.

#1819 LJ

LJ
  • 13,008 posts

Posted 27 February 2024 - 07:34 PM

Out of pocket cost would only have been $268 USD? That is a lot less than I'd have thought.

No, that's about right, now if you had to be hospitalized that's a whole nother story.

I pay $95 monthly for my access to a doctor's office in AZ and I can go in as often as I want at no further cost.

I got dehydrated once out on the golf course and was taken by ambo to the emerg, I was out 4 hours later and the bill was around $10k. My insurance took care of that.

• lanforod and Victoria Watcher like this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#1820 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 55,558 posts

Posted 28 February 2024 - 04:56 AM

Island Health has reached an agreement with a contractor to replace more than 100 outdated and broken televisions at Royal Jubilee Hospital.

HealthHub Solutions will begin the work immediately, the health authority said in a ­statement Monday.

There are 102 patient-room TVs at Royal Jubilee that require replacement, it said.

Under the negotiated ­agreement, Island Health will pay about $250 per replaced TV and HealthHub will cover the remainder.

The Times Colonist has been reporting on the problem since it was raised by the husband of an 86-year-old patient at Royal ­Jubilee, who has tried in vain since December to get her ­broken TV fixed or replaced.

https://www.timescol...ospital-8361238

screenshot-www.amazon.ca-2024.02.28-07_56_55.png

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 28 February 2024 - 04:57 AM.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users