BUILT
The Jukebox
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1029 View Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 9
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 1BR + den)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Jukebox is a nine-storey, mixed-use condominium residence along the 1000-block of View Street in downtown ... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Jukebox on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Jukebox | Condos; commercial | 9-storeys | Built - completed in 2019

Condo Commercial

• Please log in to reply
978 replies to this topic

#161 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:34 PM

No pre-sales required to get this one going?

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#162 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:40 PM

^When Fraser and Don did the Mosaic they didn't start sales until renovations were well under way.

#163 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:43 PM

#164 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:54 PM

The lot has been fenced for some time now; I wonder when work will begin on the Jukebox? Is it possible that the additional competition in the entry-level segment of the market (i.e. Era, Mondrian) is giving pause to the developers...?

#165 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,559 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:10 AM

Jukebox was to be the first project to hit the market and built ahead of the others, according to the developers initial plans. The marketing component of the project was in the works early in the year but so far nothing has been released for public consumption but the developer does insist the project is still on track.

But right now if the developers were to move on Jukebox they'd be facing competition from five major projects (Mondrian, Era, Promontory, Hudson and Union) and several smaller ones (601 Herald, Kunju, LeFevre's renos, etc.).

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#166 VicBooster

VicBooster
  • 200 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:14 AM

The failed Bear Mountain tower The Highlander was a project by the same people behind Jukebox I think. The Highlander is still sitting atop the hill with only several floors of poured concrete among single family dwellings.

#167 LJ

LJ
  • 12,742 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:26 PM

The Highlander is still sitting atop the hill with only several floors of poured concrete among single family dwellings.

Actually, there is another condo right next door to it.
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#168 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,559 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:16 AM

And that changes the Highlander's impact on the neighbourhood? The little condo is higher up atop the hill and Highlander has barely even reached it's first floor. In any case, the situation is illustrated quite well here. I'd be furious if I bought into one of those homes, but that's just me.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#169 aastra

aastra
  • 20,757 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:29 AM

It would look pretty good if it could be finished with just another couple of stories on it.

#170 LJ

LJ
  • 12,742 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:59 AM

And that changes the Highlander's impact on the neighbourhood? The little condo is higher up atop the hill and Highlander has barely even reached it's first floor. In any case, the situation is illustrated quite well here. I'd be furious if I bought into one of those homes, but that's just me.

I didn't say it changed anything, I just corrected a statement made by vicbooster.

All the people that built houses there knew what was proposed for the adjoining sites and thus paid appropriately for their lots.

You're not secretly "knot-a-yacht" are you???

#171 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,559 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 11:06 AM

All the people that built houses there knew what was proposed for the adjoining sites and thus paid appropriately for their lots.

Buying a house next to a proposed 14-storey condo and ending up a neighbour of a four storey concrete shell are two very different things :) All I'm saying is I'd be less than enthused with a half finished building being the centerpiece of my neighbourhood.

Know it all.

#172 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 11:29 AM

Jukebox was to be the first project to hit the market and built ahead of the others, according to the developers initial plans. The marketing component of the project was in the works early in the year but so far nothing has been released for public consumption but the developer does insist the project is still on track.

But right now if the developers were to move on Jukebox they'd be facing competition from five major projects (Mondrian, Era, Promontory, Hudson and Union) and several smaller ones (601 Herald, Kunju, LeFevre's renos, etc.).

I wonder what amenities will be offered to residents of the Jukebox...? Are there plans to incorporate a residents' lounge or gym?

Given the number of major and minor projects coming onto the market I would think that the developer of the Jukebox would want the project to *stand apart* from the competition. For example, the Mondrian will not offering amenities (aside from a residential caretaker & suite). Maybe, in keeping with the theme, the Jukebox will include a rec room with a vintage jukebox and a dance floor? ;)

#173 LJ

LJ
  • 12,742 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:44 PM

Buying a house next to a proposed 14-storey condo and ending up a neighbour of a four storey concrete shell are two very different things :) All I'm saying is I'd be less than enthused with a half finished building being the centerpiece of my neighbourhood.

Well they didn't give any timelines I guess. It will be built eventually but it wont be 14 stories.

Think of it this way, the people in their SFD's beside it have got a reprieve from the noise and traffic from all those extra neighbours for awhile.:)

#174 Islander888

Islander888
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:22 AM

Not quite correct, only one partner was involved and he pulled out before the project stalled.

The Highlander was a project by the same people behind Jukebox I think.

#175 Islander888

Islander888
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:26 AM

Site work is scheduled to start next week, the piling permit is approved however there are several MOE requirements to comply with first, and that was partially responsible for the delays (test results had to be received before a plan could be formulated)

The lot has been fenced for some time now; I wonder when work will begin on the Jukebox? Is it possible that the additional competition in the entry-level segment of the market (i.e. Era, Mondrian) is giving pause to the developers...?

#176 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,559 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:51 AM

Thanks for the update, Islander!

Know it all.

#177 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:56 AM

Great news, especially after the disappointment of learning that the Era is on hold!

I look forward to watching this project progress. I'm not sold on the design, but you could put a hazardous waste depot on that lot and it'd be a massive improvement.

#178 LJ

LJ
  • 12,742 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:33 PM

Well they have just run a temporary above ground power line to the site up from Hannington road so maybe something is happening.

#179 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:04 PM

Site work is scheduled to start next week, the piling permit is approved however there are several MOE requirements to comply with first, and that was partially responsible for the delays (test results had to be received before a plan could be formulated)

Did site work start this week?

#180 Islander888

Islander888
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:00 AM

Site prep/remediation began this week, should take approx two to three weeks then MOE approval of the work is required.

Did site work start this week?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users