Photo

PV Amigos (food truck) | Victoria | Yates St. at Wharf St.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mr_E_Squirrel

Mr_E_Squirrel
  • 589 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 09:28 PM

After spotting the truck several times and not being hungry or having the time , I finally took the plunge after hearing no reviews from friends and the such. It is surprisingly fresh and good,made to order. The portions are not super large but for $6.00 TAX IN they are very reasonable. $20 Bux was the total.

The staff are super friendly and willing to take the time to explain the menu to us. I will go again. BTW the truck was on Esquimalt Rd in front of the Cambie (Old Halfway House) Friday night and possibly Sat night if IRC

http://www.pvamigos.com/locations.htm

#2 Mr_E_Squirrel

Mr_E_Squirrel
  • 589 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 06:23 PM

Went their again tonight. The business must be doing well, they have a Second truck on the way for another Victoria location. Real friendly folks and they had/ran Family restaurants in Mexico. So it's also a place to practice your Spanish

#3 VicBooster

VicBooster
  • 200 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 08:37 PM

Restaurant prices at a street cart is hard to justify. I spent over $8 on a tiny quessedilla with a no name juicebox as a beverage.

Eat Magazine says the food is "affordable." The magazine's writers must be earning a healthy salary.

#4 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:24 PM

Went their again tonight. The business must be doing well, they have a Second truck on the way for another Victoria location. Real friendly folks and they had/ran Family restaurants in Mexico. So it's also a place to practice your Spanish

It was parked across from Save On arena after a Cirque show a week or two ago. VERY friendly staff, and at $6, I scored a goldmine.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#5 Szeven

Szeven
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:44 AM

This is the groupon today. $4 for menu item and drink. If you have wanted to try it, why not today!

#6 groceryalerts

groceryalerts

groceryalerts

• 31 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:08 AM

This is the groupon today. $4 for menu item and drink. If you have wanted to try it, why not today!

The food sounds great - why not for that low a price.
  • RoadRunner likes this
Grocery Alerts Canada: Coupons and Grocery Deals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users