Photo

Aggressive bylaw enforcement?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 martini

martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:44 AM

What's going on? Why are Steve Filipovic's campaign signs being removed by city bylaw enforcement?
Is his signage stating the bridge can be repaired upsetting certain people? hhmm?

#2 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:48 AM

What's going on? Why are Steve Filipovic's campaign signs being removed by city bylaw enforcement?
Is his signage stating the bridge can be repaired upsetting certain people? hhmm?

I saw one on a telephone pole, and that's a no-no for any sign.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#3 martini

martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:52 AM

I saw one on a telephone pole, and that's a no-no for any sign.

The ones I was told about were not on telephone poles.
I'll try and get more information.

#4 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:23 AM

The City allows signs on most public property with a few safety prohibitions.

They don't specifically mention traffic signs or telephone poles, but I've seen many Filopovic signs attached to "stop" signs which would seem to violate city rules saying election signs should not block sightlines for vehicles and pedestrians.

I was told by a successful politician that an election sign has far more value when it is on someone's lawn as opposed to a public median or boulevard.

A sign on a traffic sign may even have negative value. I would recommend that Steve make more of an effort to find households that endorse him and place his signs there.

#5 Mr_E_Squirrel

Mr_E_Squirrel
  • 589 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:13 PM

I hope it's a case of a supporter getting over enthusiastic. And not the candidate not having common sense. You don't put election signs on the metal posts of Yield/Stop signs. Which I saw today in my neighbor hood.

#6 martini

martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:21 PM

If signs are placed illegally that's one thing. I would hope that gets straightened out.

The one sign I was told about was removed from a boulevard. Are they not allowed on boulevards?

#7 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:13 PM

^It can't be on certain boulevards near playgrounds or parks or boulevards where the sign interferes with plantings or sprinklers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)