Photo

[Saanich] Paragon office building | 1590 Cedar Hill X Road | 3-storeys | Built - completed in 2012

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#61 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

It looks neat when seen driving north on Shelbourne. It adds another level to the urban fabric.

#62 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:40 PM

The fencing is down on Cedar Hill X Road side, and the sidewalks and concrete planters are going in. It's too bad those hydro wires are in the way of a good photo.

#63 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

A handsome little office building, enjoy the architecture and the green wall is a very nice surprise.
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#64 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:12 AM

A handsome little office building, enjoy the architecture and the green wall is a very nice surprise.

It will take awhile to get the ivy to grow up those wires, until then it will be grey.

The building is a fine asset to the neighbouhood.

#65 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:34 AM

It will take awhile to get the ivy to grow up those wires, until then it will be grey.

I'm certain the landscape architect has something more imaginative in mind than that obnoxious old weed.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#66 phx

phx
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

I believe the vegetation will be growing down from the roof.

#67 http

http

Data Sans Practicality

• 1,029 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:06 AM

I'm certain the landscape architect has something more imaginative in mind than that obnoxious old weed.

I should hope so - kudzu grows so much faster. Who wants to wait five years for a full coat of green?
"Who are those slashdot people? They swept over like Mongol-Tartars." - F. E. Vladimirovna

#68 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

There will be a concrete planter going in at the base of the wired wall, and there are plants on the "green" roof already.

The foundation was especially designed and sealed to keep out any water from Bowker Creek, which crosses under the nearby parking lot.

I hear that Van City is moving into the ground floor.

#69 phx

phx
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

It looks like the exterior is done:
http://i.imgur.com/HYyty.jpg

Entrance from parking lot:
http://i.imgur.com/diwvV.jpg

#70 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

I like the glass railing and the splash of red above the first floor windows.

Thanks for the photos!

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#71 SamCB

SamCB
  • 665 posts
  • Locationvictoria

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

What a big difference it makes to bring buildings right up to the sidewalk rather than set back behind a sea of parking. Let's make this the new standard, even in Saanich.

#72 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:16 AM

The old standard should be the standard again, indeed.

I mentioned Fort and Richmond in another thread. I don't know if there's a better side-by-side case in Victoria for illustrating the difference between the way things were in the old days and the way things eventually went.

#73 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

This is a nice building but now that it is done it seems small... I hope it gets some neighbours in the next few years.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#74 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

Saanich project completes as south Island office construction picks up
By Mike Kozakowski, VibrantVictoria.ca
http://vibrantvictor...ction-picks-up/

Tri-Eagle Development Corporation has completed it’s third LEED-standard office building, dubbed Paragon, bringing the company’s total office holdings to five throughout Victoria’s urban core.

The three storey, 15,000 square foot lowrise at the corner of Cedar Hill X Road and Stanhoul Street, is currently 45% pre-leased with the groundfloor space soon to become a VanCity credit union. Designed by Victoria architectural firm de Hoog Kierulf, Paragon features a green roof, geo-thermal heating, a green wall element and the latest in contemporary design.

The target tenants, says company representative Travis Lee, are doctors and professionals seeking newly built office space in an area of the city where new residential projects far outnumber modern office developments. [Read more]

Here are several photos snapped today.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#75 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

Nice work fearless leader.

#76 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

It's a great building. Nice views to the south, but unfortunately the sun was in the way and I couldn't get any worthwhile photos :)

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#77 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

The building caught my attention this morning as well and I snapped a picture.....looks awesome in my opinion.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#78 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

Excellent vantage point, Marko!

Know it all.

#79 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:55 AM

VanCity offices just about ready.

#80 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:05 AM

You know, VanCity is being pretty aggressive (read: spending lots of money) around here in the last two years, but do they know they probably have a bit of a problem, image-wise, with that name? That's not likely to go away...
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users