Photo

BC Transit (Victoria Regional Transit System) news and issues

• Please log in to reply
9584 replies to this topic

#21 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:48 PM

Wow, you'd never be able to get away with that here. 12 old ladies would be hospitalised for shock and a lobby group for victims of people who jump in front of busses would file a suit claiming extreme emotional distress.
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#22 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 08:10 AM

Is the blood on that thing really neccesary?

#23 Scaper

Scaper
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 11:50 AM

Where is this?

#24 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 11:59 AM

It's in Portuguese so either Portugal or Brazil.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#25 Scaper

Scaper
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 12:01 PM

wierd. That is a pretty strong add.

#26 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 12:15 PM

Non-North American ads are usually edgier.

It's some sort of anti-jaywalking ad.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."

#27 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 12:22 PM

Edgy is good. This shite is just tasteless.

#28 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 09 September 2006 - 04:48 PM

#29 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 04:55 PM

:smt109 :smt035

Ha ha, that guy RULES!!!! He's stuck in a 1986 time warp.

When he's not keepin' on rockin' in the free world he can usually be seen cashing empties at the bottle depot.

#30 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 08:39 PM

FUBAR!

#31 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 09:15 PM

Jim Anchower says:

"If that dude rides the loser cruiser then I'm trading in my '92 Fiesta for a bus pass! Righteous!"

#32 DelsterX

DelsterX
  • 80 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 07:40 AM

Yes I am portugeese. It basically translates to cross at the crosswalk

#33 Scaper

Scaper
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 11:17 AM

How did you get a photo of him?

#34 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 12:05 PM

That's that corner grocery on Shelbourne just past Sears.

I had a friend from school who had a husband, car, house in Oaklands--last seen emaciated, collecting bottles, suffering from hepatitis thanks to drugs.

Lead news story today on CH about changes to the 72 Swartz Bay--apparently BC Transit has found a way to make it even longer and inconvenient.

#35 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 01:59 PM

Right, I read something about that in the paper a couple weeks back. Transit cut out the 72 which was a commuter route and is now forcing peeps to take the 70 which winds and twists its way through the peninsula.

The letter writer in the paper sounded fed up and was reconsidering driving into town now that an extra 10 or so minutes have been added to his hour-long commute.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#36 Jada

Jada
  • 383 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 02:12 PM

I actually love taking that long winding trip on the 70 double decker to the ferry.

#37 Galvanized

Galvanized
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 09:38 AM

The #72 Sidney was turned into #70 via Mt Newton because the #72 trips were not full and the #70 trips were overloaded, they cut out the west Sidney portion due to low ridership and replaced it with a shuttle. The people who are upset are probably 6 people that live in west Sidney that used it and the rest are upset because they have to go through the Royal Oak exchange now, other than that it is identical the #72 that used Lochside which means no winding trip through East Sannich, it goes straight down the highway from Royal Oak to Mt Newton X Rd and up Lochside to Sidney. This is part of the plan to eventually cut out the East Saanich Rd portion of the #70 and have it only service the highway with feeder routes for neighbourhoods. They should check out the BCT website. The fact that this was on TV is rediciolus when transit is passing up hundreds of high school and university students.
Past President of Victoria's Flâneur Union Local 1862

#38 Jada

Jada
  • 383 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 09:49 AM

The fact that this was on TV is rediciolus when transit is passing up hundreds of high school and university students.

Youre telling me! I used to catch the #14 dowtown along Richmond everyday and that route is a nightmare. First its packed to the brim with UVIC students. Then it picks up Camosun students. Then it picks up Landsdown students, and before it gets downtown, it picks up Central High and Vic High students.

Many many times the bus just passed me by as it was too packed to pick me up. And when you're on the clock at work, you cant exactly be late. It was such a major burden that I invested in a bike.

It shouldnt be too hard for them to figure out that maybe there should be an express shuttle from UVIC/Camosun to downtown.

#39 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,786 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 11:01 AM

I completely agree. This 72 stuff is insanity. I am wondering who the individual is that has the media connection here.

I had a huge impact on me a few years ago when I worked at a restaurant in Cordova Bay and transit cut the night service into town. That really sucked. I had to buy a car and so did quite a few other people. For a few weeks I had to walk from Cordova Bay to Royal Oak to get the bus.
We all sent letters but no one seemed to care.
Still I was not surprised by the cut and I never took it out on a driver. I saw on the news one guy rolling his eyes at the driver that told they don't there anymore. Yeah like he made the decision anyways...

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#40 aastra

aastra
  • 20,568 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 11:22 AM

What cracked me up about that piece on the news was, the bus wasn't even crowded! Look at that angry mob waiting to board...all 12 of them!

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users