Photo

Fernwood Inn | Victoria | 1302 Gladstone Ave.

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#81 FogPub

FogPub
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 12:37 AM

I have been to a lot of places that have a small tent card on the table with only the beer names and a separate beer menu with prices (and quantities we would hope). Maybe FogPub was looking at the tent card.

I was looking at the drinks menu/beer list.

By contrast, the Beagle very clearly lists by-pint prices (with tax included, even better!) on their beer list but not size options; though elsewhere in their advertising they mention 20-oz. pints I don't recall seeing what their smaller-size offerings are or what they cost.

#82 manuel

manuel
  • 593 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 06:44 AM

My wife had a similar experience. Their beer prices certainly aren't always obvious. Probably unintentional on the part of whoever did the copy design.
"I know nothing"

#83 Greg

Greg
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 09:19 PM

Prices and sizes are in fact required.

Matt.

I think sizes are absent lots of places. I made a point of noticing at Milestones today, no beer sizes on either main menu or table-top drinks menu.

#84 Matt R.

Matt R.
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 09:32 PM

The LCRB has been cracking down on this issue the last little while, it’s only a matter of time before these spots receive their inspections and get sorted out.

Matt.

#85 Matt R.

Matt R.
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 09:38 PM

I think sizes are absent lots of places. I made a point of noticing at Milestones today, no beer sizes on either main menu or table-top drinks menu.

That’s very strange, as the Victoria stores’ webpage shows sizes and prices.

Perhaps since they are a national company they just print one menu for the entire chain and hope no one says anything? I wonder if the Ontario laws are the same as ours. When I worked there they ran afoul of some B.C. labour laws, as their payroll was run out of Ontario using Ontario laws.

Matt.

#86 jasmineshinga

jasmineshinga
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 01:40 PM

Liquor Control and Licensing Act
LIQUOR CONTROL AND LICENSING REGULATION
[includes amendments up to B.C. Reg. 137/2017, April 7, 2017]

Information for patrons
83  A licensee whose licence authorizes the sale of drinks containing liquor must provide to patrons on request* a list that shows the quantities of liquor in the drinks and the prices for the drinks.

*Emphasis mine.

Technically they only need to have the info, not have it on open display.

• Matt R. and Bob Fugger like this

~ Jasmine ~

#87 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 7,972 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 01:58 PM

^See, I knew someone would provide facts. Next time I'm having a drink I'll ask to see that quantity list and watch with delight as staff and management scramble to find a piece of paper that probably doesn't exist.

• Matt R. and FogPub like this

#88 Matt R.

Matt R.
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 08:17 PM

Liquor inspector says otherwise. ;)

Matt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

To advertise on VibrantVictoria, call us at 250-884-0589.