Bin 4 Burger Lounge | Downtown Victoria, downtown Langford, Saanich, Vancouver

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#21 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:31 AM

I think this is new....Bin 4 now has there patio area separated from the sidewalk by about 6ft of glass

Yes, something there is new, but I too forgot what was there before.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#22 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:56 AM

I've tried to go here a few times at totally different times of the day but it's just too popular for its own good. I've written it off as too busy. All 3 times I went they told me there was a 20-30 min wait.
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#23 ZGsta

ZGsta
  • 573 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:00 PM

I've tried to go here a few times at totally different times of the day but it's just too popular for its own good. I've written it off as too busy. All 3 times I went they told me there was a 20-30 min wait.

How bad is a 20 minute wait though? Is that really enough to leave a restaurant and make other arrangements to eat?
I guess if you live really close or there's another restaurant you want to go to within like a block, but waiting for 20 minutes doesn't seem too bad to me.

#24 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:16 PM

There's so many nice restaurants in this town there's never a reason to line up. On busy nights it's normal for us to maybe pop into 2-4 restaurants seeing if they can fit us in right away. If it's more than a 5 min wait or so we move on to the next equally tasty option. Specially if there's a bunch of them on one street/block.

That said, is there a good time to go here? I'd love to get the after 9 deal but I assume that's blocked right up on weekends. How are week days after 9?
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#25 Lover Fighter

Lover Fighter
  • 653 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:44 PM

I've been there the last few Saturday nights (after 9) and I haven't had to wait for a spot. Mind you, I was happy to sit on the patio. Maybe I'm just lucky?

#26 ZGsta

ZGsta
  • 573 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:05 PM

There's so many nice restaurants in this town there's never a reason to line up. On busy nights it's normal for us to maybe pop into 2-4 restaurants seeing if they can fit us in right away. If it's more than a 5 min wait or so we move on to the next equally tasty option. Specially if there's a bunch of them on one street/block.

That said, is there a good time to go here? I'd love to get the after 9 deal but I assume that's blocked right up on weekends. How are week days after 9?

I've called in for a reservation to go at right 9 on week days a few times but when I got there it's usually seemed like it wasn't necessary. Though it usually starts to get really full between 9 and 10. So maybe try right at 9:00 on a week day?

Another thing, I went there a few weeks ago and we sat down at like 8:55 and hadn't ordered till around 9:15 and each got a burger and drink. I totally spaced and forgot about the half-price after 9 deal until after we'd left, and it turned out they charged us full price. Not sure if they forgot the discount, or if you have to actually sit down after 9:00. How do restaurants deal with that sort of thing? Is it seating time, or order placement time?

#27 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:13 PM

I would bet it was when the table was opened in their ordering system. So if you had drink orders before 9pm than that is when you arrived to them.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#28 ZGsta

ZGsta
  • 573 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:29 PM

I would bet it was when the table was opened in their ordering system. So if you had drink orders before 9pm than that is when you arrived to them.

Yeah, probably got the drinks in at like 8:58 or something.

#29 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,483 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:16 PM

Sirswithin wrote in this post that Bin4 could be opening a Langford location soon.

Interesting.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#30 vandervalk

vandervalk
  • 263 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:49 AM

I finally got a chance to eat here and I'd give it a solid 7 for the food. It was Friday at lunch time and I didn't have to wait, got a table right away.

I ordered the deep friend pickles for an appy. There was about 7 sliced, deep fried pickles. The batter was fantastic and the dip was great, however it was super rich and I found about after the 3rd one, I felt like I didn't want to eat anymore, including my hamburger which hadn't arrived yet. It is a great shared appy I would suspect.

The burger I had was okay. I found the bun excellent but I really dislike eating a hamburger and when you only get a piece of the meat, it tastes just like unseasoned ground beef. I felt the seasoning lacked on the patty. The toppings and flavours were good, but felt the whole experience decent, just not overwhelmingly good.

I would try it again and I would get something different.

The fries were good and the basil dip I got with them was really a nice touch.
Real Estate, Landscape and Family Photographer
http://www.vandervalk.ca

#31 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:54 AM

We are excited to announce that Bin 4 Burger Lounge will be opening a new location in WESTSHORE! 716 Goldstream Avenue will be opening in 2013. We can’t thank you enough Victoria for your amazing support and we look forward to sharing construction pictures and more details about our new journey soon!

Facebook.

Is that here somewhere?
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#32 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:20 PM

Ate here last night. I liked it but thought the fries were only okay. I had the mushroom burger with truffle aioli and it was awesome. My wife had the onion rings and they made me wonder why they even offer fries, very good.

Will be back.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#33 sirswithin

sirswithin
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:01 AM

Facebook.

Is that here somewhere?

Yes, that's exactly where it will be. Funny, my friend asked them point blank if they were opening a new location and they flat out denied it the day after I posted they were coming.

#34 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,483 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:58 AM

Sirs, funny thing. When I was there last week I asked point blank and they spilled the beans. Perhaps the owner found out and stonewalled any other commentary?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#35 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

Was out here yesterday, building sure looks great. Many weeks away from opening I'd say.

#36 sirswithin

sirswithin
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

Grand Opening on Saturday, March 2nd! Looks like they got things together. Missed their February deadline though.

#37 sirswithin

sirswithin
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:13 PM

Three of us went there on grand opening night and had a fantastic meal. And because it was after nine our burgers were half price! Place looks really nice and is bigger than the one downtown. Open from 11:30 am to midnight on Saturdays for people looking for something to eat after a night out drinking.

#38 Mr_E_Squirrel

Mr_E_Squirrel
  • 589 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:17 PM

Heard a rumour that Bin 4 is opening on Douglas St. Where the old ABC Country used to be at Douglas and Cloverdale. pre-construction has started on the site, any one hear this also ?

#39 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:28 PM

Heard a rumour that Bin 4 is opening on Douglas St. Where the old ABC Country used to be at Douglas and Cloverdale.

Do you possibly mean BLANSHARD & Cloverdale? Seems a bit of an odd location. I would think a restaurant that serves breakfast would make a more logical choice next to the motel.

#40 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:21 PM

There is no restaurant space there. Unless they are build? I heard the same rumour.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users