Photo

Sooke Mountain Provincial Park

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 markmark

markmark
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:09 PM

Has anyone gone up to this Provincial Park?

Whats the road like on Sooke Road (Highway 14) and going north up HarbourView Road. As I will be riding my bicycle back and forth from Sooke to the Park for supplies. I might even dare to ride my bike from Victoria to the Park, or just take the bus if its to dangerous.

Thanks

#2 vandervalk

vandervalk
  • 263 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:31 PM

I see many people cycling on Hwy 14 from Victoria/Langford to Sooke in the summer months on their street bikes, however I wouldn't risk my life to do that, in all honesty. The shoulders are non-existent and the curves too windy, a lot of hidden corners.

Now, if you are going to Sooke Hills, I assume you have a mountain bike. If that is the case I would take the Goose all the way out.

Harbourview Rd. off of Sooke Rd. is very short and ends in a parking lot. The "road" going up is gated off as no motorized vehicles are allowed past that point. It's a gravel/rock road going to the top and is VERY steep and long. But there are many, many great mountain bike trails all around these hills.

Hope that helps.
Real Estate, Landscape and Family Photographer
http://www.vandervalk.ca

#3 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:54 PM

I second taking the Goose. The entire trail is an experience in and of itself.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#4 maniac78

maniac78
  • 271 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:35 AM

The goose goes almost directly to the trail to get up to the park. You need a mountain bike for the trail up to the park it's not the best trail! Some of those lakes are awesome though.

#5 markmark

markmark
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 12:45 PM

I am sorry, I have no idea what you mean by "Goose" I assume its a trail by what you say. I am not from here, just moved. How do I get on this trail and where does it go. It sounds very interesting.

I will be camping out for an extended period of time - a few weeks and might even head on towards Juan de Fuca Provincial Park for another few weeks.
*Just got to be one with nature and away from the masses and population.

Thanks

#6 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,149 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 02:39 PM

^ Welcome to Vibrant Victoria markmark. Google "Galloping Goose Trail" that should bring you up to speed. It's a great bike trail.

#7 markmark

markmark
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:02 AM

Found it

Cool, Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users