Ma Miller's Pub | Langford | 2903 Sooke Lake Road

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#61 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:51 PM

Re-opening soon. New operator, no strippers.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#62 stormy

stormy
  • 361 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:25 PM

Is already open and I have heard that it is good food, good service and all people are dressed, lol.

#63 OSJ

OSJ
  • 311 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:47 AM

was there last night, a buddy of mine bought took it over. looks good, and will get better.
Paving the way for beer bars on the island!

#64 stormy

stormy
  • 361 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:42 PM

I heard that Ma Millers will be closing at the end of this month.  It will be available for lease after closing.

Edited by stormy, 16 February 2014 - 10:55 PM.

#65 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:22 AM

was there last night, a buddy of mine bought took it over. looks good, and will get better.

Didn't work out I guess.  Maybe they should have turned it into a stripper bar after all.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#66 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:34 AM

It wasn't their choice not to turn it into a strip club.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#67 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:20 AM

It wasn't their choice not to turn it into a strip club.

Ya, I know, it was the building owner.  He likes the revenue off the liquor store, he's not all that keen on trying to run a viable pub/restaurant, so it's been leased to a few different parties over the last few years.

#68 OSJ

OSJ
  • 311 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:48 AM

pub is closing this month.

Paving the way for beer bars on the island!

#69 stormy

stormy
  • 361 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:54 AM

One of the servers there said that one of the owners passed away unexpectedly. That is why it is closing.

#70 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:37 PM

The B.C. government will allow bars to open for the bronze and gold medal Olympic men’s hockey games as long as no liquor is served.

• Nparker likes this

#71 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:47 PM

How nice of our Holy Mighty government. Jesus Christ.

#72 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,339 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:07 AM

The IOC should change the time of those games so that they are not in the middle of the night for the US and Canada fans that will be competing in those. If not though, if Canada makes it through today, I'll be getting up early Sunday morning!

#73 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:28 AM

So the US and Canada's oponents fans should have to get up in the middle of the night?
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#74 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:46 AM

So the US and Canada's oponents fans should have to get up in the middle of the night?

Uhhh they wouldn't have to unless somehow Australia is going to make the finals in men's hockey...it would just start in the afternoon in Sweden rather than the morning. As it stands now, the gold medal game will be on in Sweden at 11am and 4am here.

The 4am PT start time on Sunday is brutal, but I'm assuming it's necessary because the closing ceremony starts at 8pm Sochi time on Sunday. I wish they would have scheduled the men's hockey to finish on Saturday instead so there wouldn't be any conflicts with the closing ceremony.

#75 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:54 AM

The Olympics are over on Sunday? Well that went by quickly.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#76 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:07 AM

The Olympics are over on Sunday? Well that went by quickly.

Yup, and I agree they have gone by quickly.

#77 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,339 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:26 AM

Uhhh they wouldn't have to unless somehow Australia is going to make the finals in men's hockey...it would just start in the afternoon in Sweden rather than the morning. As it stands now, the gold medal game will be on in Sweden at 11am and 4am here.

The 4am PT start time on Sunday is brutal, but I'm assuming it's necessary because the closing ceremony starts at 8pm Sochi time on Sunday. I wish they would have scheduled the men's hockey to finish on Saturday instead so there wouldn't be any conflicts with the closing ceremony.

Yeah, just make it 9 PM Sochi time tomorrow, rather than 4 PM Sochi time Sunday. What's so hard about that. Only leaves the people living east of Sochi out.

#78 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:29 AM

I wonder if the times are set many months in advance? There are no guarantees who will be in the running and if Canada had been knocked out it certainly wouldn't have been the first time.

Know it all.

#79 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:39 AM

nvm

Edited by jonny, 21 February 2014 - 11:40 AM.

#80 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:38 PM

Unless the Gold Metal game goes into some long winded half hour shootout, the game will be over before the opening ceremonies.

I'm setting my PVR and will start watching and playing catch-up at 6:30 am.

Go Jamie Go :banana: 

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users