Photo

[Central Saanich] Keating/W. Saanich Development

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 CarlonCouncil

CarlonCouncil
  • 267 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

Artisan Properties is holding a public Open House tonight from 7-9pm at Sassy's (formerly Smittys) to present their development plans to the public for input. Come out to be part of the dialogue.

Details:
INVITATION TO ATTEND
NEIGHBOURHOOD MEETING
Artisan Properties would like to invite Central Saanich Council and Staff to join us for a casual neighbourhood meeting to discuss the rezoning application at 1505 – 1515 Keating Cross Rd.
We have applied for a rezoning and OCP Amendment to change the current zoning of
C-5 Commercial Tourism to a mixed-use of C-3 Neighbourhood Commercial and RM-3 Multi-Family.
This meeting will allow Artisan Properties the opportunity to explain the Plan and Zoning Amendments as well as to give an overview to surrounding residents and property owners. This meeting will also give the residents and owners the chance to ask questions or give comments on our application.
Meeting Date: Tuesday, Feb 28th, 2012
Keating Cross Rd at West Saanich Rd
Time: 7:00pm – 9:00pm
If you have any questions, please call:
Matt Peulen - (250) 589-5991
Lloyd Wansbrough – (250) 883-1008

Carl

Carl I. Jensen
Central Saanich Councillor

Twitter - @carloncouncil
E - carl.jensen@csaanich.ca
T - 250.858.6532
Facebook - http://facebook.com/carlforcouncil

#2 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,936 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:36 PM

Hi Carl. I couldn't quite pin down what lot/s make up 1505 – 1515 Keating Cross Road. Is this east adjacent to the Co-op service station?

#3 CarlonCouncil

CarlonCouncil
  • 267 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:33 PM

Hi Carl. I couldn't quite pin down what lot/s make up 1505 – 1515 Keating Cross Road. Is this east adjacent to the Co-op service station?

@Nparker - No, it is the corner of the intersection that has the Sassy's on it. I believe it is the corner property as well as 1 or 2 lots in behind Sassy's which run off Keating.

Carl

Carl I. Jensen

Twitter - @carloncouncil
T - 250.858.6532

#4 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,936 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:04 AM

Is Sassy's (formerly Smitty's) coming down as part of the proposal? A redevelopment of that whole corner is long overdue.

#5 CarlonCouncil

CarlonCouncil
  • 267 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

No, my understanding is that the new development would include Sassy's in its current location.

Carl

Carl I. Jensen

Twitter - @carloncouncil
T - 250.858.6532

#6 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,936 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:36 PM

No, my understanding is that the new development would include Sassy's in its current location.

Although I have sentimental reasons for maintaining the current Sassy's structure, I think a rebuild as part of a new development would serve everyone better.

#7 CarlonCouncil

CarlonCouncil
  • 267 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:16 PM

Although I have sentimental reasons for maintaining the current Sassy's structure, I think a rebuild as part of a new development would serve everyone better.

@Nparker - I checked on this with Matt from Artisan Properties and here is what he said about the Sassy's portion of the property:

Sassy's will be staying and is currently working on a long term lease to stay there for many more years!! We will renovate the interior and work on a refreshing the exterior and parking area.

Carl

Carl I. Jensen

Twitter - @carloncouncil
T - 250.858.6532

#8 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,936 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:18 PM

We will renovate the interior and work on refreshing the exterior and parking area.

Well that's probably all it really needs anyway...well that and a new name. Sassy's - really?

#9 Kikadee

Kikadee
  • 247 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:03 AM

Well that's probably all it really needs anyway...well that and a new name. Sassy's - really?

I recall reading that Sassy's was named after their deceased young daughter, so I'm willing to overlook it.

#10 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,160 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:02 PM

This restaurant has a very loyal following in this neighborhood, and for good reason.

http://www.timescolo...9025/story.html

#11 CarlonCouncil

CarlonCouncil
  • 267 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:58 AM

You won't find a busier weekend brunch restaurant in CS, very loyal following. They seem to be getting busier in the evenings as well. Last time I was there they had a deal where kids eat free after 3 any night.

Carl

Carl I. Jensen

Twitter - @carloncouncil
T - 250.858.6532

#12 CarlonCouncil

CarlonCouncil
  • 267 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:31 PM

Artisan Properties will be holding another Public Open House regarding their proposed development for this intersection Thursday night at Sassy's from 7-8:30.

Carl

Carl I. Jensen

Twitter - @carloncouncil
T - 250.858.6532

#13 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,725 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:40 AM

Thanks for the update, Carl.

Would it be possible for you to post photos of the development concept if they will be presented?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#14 aastra

aastra
  • 20,827 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:29 PM

"Central Saanich to allow big-box stores"

Central Saanich council has decided to welcome big-box stores, saying it has to show that the municipality’s Keating industrial area is “open for business” and can be a home for stores that might otherwise set up in a proposed development on nearby First Nations land.

Read more: http://www.timescolo...l#ixzz1sLb8BeMy

#15 CarlonCouncil

CarlonCouncil
  • 267 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:27 PM

Thanks for the update, Carl.

Would it be possible for you to post photos of the development concept if they will be presented?

@Mike - Will see what I can get from the developer.

Carl

Carl I. Jensen

Twitter - @carloncouncil
T - 250.858.6532

#16 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,725 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:26 AM

Thank you!

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#17 Matt P

Matt P
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:31 PM

Hello all,
Thank you for referring me to this site Carl... I have been aware of Vibrant Victoria and have read many articles and post, however, never got around to signing up.

I currently have an application into Central Saanich to rezone the Sassys property (Smittys) on the corner of West Saanich and Keating. The current zoning allows for a hotel/conference centre and is zoned Tourist Commercial.

Our proposal is to rezone the property into two parcels 1. RM-3 (25 - 3 bdrm townhouses) and 2. C-3 Neigbourhood Commercial to accommodate the restaurant and small retail/office building.

We have held two neigbourhood meetings, both with great support from many of the neighbours. Council endorsed our proposal and sent if off to municipal staff departments and the APC. We presented to the APC last week and again had great support from all the members in attendance with a unanimous vote to proceed. We now wait for the reports to be completed and sent back to Council for their review and decision to hopefully move us to the next step.

I will do my best and learn the steps to upload the site and elevation plans as soon as possible.

Thank you for your comments and interest in our application,
Matt

#18 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,160 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:33 PM

Welcome to Vibrant Victoria Matt P.

#19 Matt P

Matt P
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:45 PM

Thank you... I look forward to many great discussions!!

#20 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,725 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:55 PM

Thanks for the update, Matt!

I seem to recall that in the mid-2000's there was a proposal for a hotel or motel on the property.

And is there a name for this project?

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users