Photo

2013 Provincial Election General Discussion (May 14)

• Please log in to reply
598 replies to this topic

#121 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,155 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

Here is a disgruntled Liberal if there ever was one.

http://www.jamesplett.com/

#122 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,017 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

http://alexgtsakumis...gate-ethnogate/

Alex is hardly an unbiased source. The RCMP or any police force for that matter don't get "called in". They don't work for the opposition.

"IF you’re Asian or South Asian, think about that when you’re approaching the ballot box."

It is no secret that all political parties have benefitted from the voting of certain ethnic groups of the years. It has been an extremely mutually beneficial relationship. I don't condone breaking the law to do it but if you don't think that specific parties use religious and cultural biases to target certain groups then you are very niave.

#123 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,155 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

So who decides what , when, or who the RCMP investigates?

I agree that ethnic groups are targeted by political parties. The alleged illegal part would be if the Liberals used government resources to do the work.

#124 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:13 PM

So who decides what , when, or who the RCMP investigates?

I would say they do, after comparing a complaint, or a situation that has come to their attention in any manner - against the laws they know exist.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#125 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

I would say they do, after comparing a complaint, or a situation that has come to their attention in any manner - against the laws they know exist.

Like the raid on the Legislature.

#126 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,155 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:17 PM

Emergency Liberal meeting tomorrow at 4:00 PM.

"The BC Liberals are in damage control this weekend, licking their wounds from a brutal week in the wake of the ethnic strategy memo scandal." [...]

Read it on Global News: Global BC | BC Liberals plan to hold emergency cabinet meeting Sunday in Vancouver

Here are some of the details of the document that made Kim Hakstaad resign.

"A leaked memo shows the B.C. Liberals planned to hire ethnic organizers with government funds". [...]

http://fullcomment.n...nd-incompetent/

#127 bluefox

bluefox

ex-Victorian

• 697 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

Alex is hardly an unbiased source.

And we're supposed to believe that the MSM is? Alex is one of the only people who's been telling the truth about this government since Christy and her horde of yes-men took over two years ago.

Give it 24 hours. CC will either be gone or her power severely weakened. Emergency cabinet meeting tomorrow afternoon.
(Not the owner of, nor am I associated with, the Blue Fox Café, in any way.)

#128 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,155 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:54 PM

Sorry about the short commercial.

This from http://www.cbc.ca/pl.../ID/2339896594/

#129 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,155 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:53 AM

Again sorry for the commercial.

Please keep in mind that Martyn Brown (Gordon Campbell's chief of staff) was one of only 3 people to testify in the Basi Virk (BC Rail) trial before the $6 million guilty plea stopped that nonsense.....and it would appear that his mental capacity has improved somewhat since then.

http://www.cbc.ca/pl.../ID/2339777803/

#130 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,658 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:46 AM

Lest we forget:

Christy Clark says she tries to avoid working at the legislature because there's "no real people in Victoria" and the "sick culture" is unhealthy.

Hopefully for her sake she won't have to work at the legislature for much longer.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#131 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:42 AM

Lest we forget:

Hopefully for her sake she won't have to work at the legislature for much longer.

Wouldn't it be awesome if today was her last day?
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#132 drt

drt
  • 128 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

Wow. I guess the Liberals are full on imploding at this point. Clark called an emergency cabinet meeting today to address ministers for the first time since the whole ethnic vote scandal broke. You know it's bad when the party leader has been hiding from her own cabinet. Personally I think the best thing they can do is distance themselves from Clark as much as possible, as soon as possible.

As much as I dislike the BCNDP I have to give them credit for being the only party that isn't in complete shambles going into the election. I'm sure they're glad that both the Liberals and BC Conservatives are limping into the election. What a sorry state of affairs.

#133 UrbanRail

UrbanRail
  • 2,114 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

Wouldn't it be awesome if today was her last day?

It would be awesome, but very unlikely to happen. Christy Clark is dead set to stay until the end.

#134 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,155 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:31 PM

It would be awesome, but very unlikely to happen. Christy Clark is dead set to stay until the end.

She might not have a choice.

#135 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,155 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

Is it getting warm in here or is it just me?

"SURREY, B.C. - Some members of British Columbia's governing Liberal party are publicly calling for Premier Christy Clark to resign over a scandal involving a leaked plan to attract ethnic voters. [...]

Read it on Global News: Global News | Liberals call for B.C. Premier Christy Clark to resign over ethnic vote scandal

http://www.globalnew...0050/story.html

#136 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,017 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

Wow. I guess the Liberals are full on imploding at this point. Clark called an emergency cabinet meeting today to address ministers for the first time since the whole ethnic vote scandal broke. You know it's bad when the party leader has been hiding from her own cabinet. Personally I think the best thing they can do is distance themselves from Clark as much as possible, as soon as possible.

As much as I dislike the BCNDP I have to give them credit for being the only party that isn't in complete shambles going into the election. I'm sure they're glad that both the Liberals and BC Conservatives are limping into the election. What a sorry state of affairs.

Wait for it. The NDP usually waits until after they are elected before they start skewering themselves.

#137 LJ

LJ
  • 12,766 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

Well Christie has certainly done one thing very well, she made people forget about Gordon Campbell.

I wonder if the Libs ever thought that they would think about the Campbell period as the "good old days"?
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#138 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,807 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:50 PM

I don't think the Green's are in shambles.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#139 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,807 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

Well Christie has certainly done one thing very well, she made people forget about Gordon Campbell.

I wonder if the Libs ever thought that they would think about the Campbell period as the "good old days"?

I think if we give it twenty years Campbell will be looked back at positively. Overall I think he one of the better premiers of the last 40 years. I would put Bennett and Harcourt at the top. Maybe Campbell third.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#140 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,155 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:11 PM

I would put Bennett and Harcourt at the top.

Bill Bennett junior....or his dad W.A.C.?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users