Jump to content

      













Photo

MLS: why is a property no longer on the market still listed on MLS?


  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 LJ

LJ
  • Member
  • 9,111 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:18 PM

When you list a property for sale you sign a contract with the realtor for a specified period of time, usually 3 months, but you can specify any period. After that time the listing is expired and you can choose to relist with the same realtor or pick another or take it off the market.
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#22 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • Member
  • 4,791 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

When you list a property for sale you sign a contract with the realtor for a specified period of time, usually 3 months, but you can specify any period. After that time the listing is expired and you can choose to relist with the same realtor or pick another or take it off the market.


+1

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2018 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com - MLS® from $899 and $1,000 cash back for buyers | www.834sales.com & www.promontoryforsale.com - Building(s) specialist 

Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

 

 


#23 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 50,328 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:44 PM

Gotcha. Thanks, LJ!

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.


#24 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 50,328 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

Check out this MLS listing. The agent is using Google Streetview instead of a photo of the home!

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.


#25 sebberry

sebberry

    Resident Housekeeper

  • Moderator
  • 18,361 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

That Realtor® is earning his commission!

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

 


#26 James Bay walker

James Bay walker

    CustomUserTitle

  • Member
  • 558 posts
  • LocationJames Bay

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:04 PM

... unless perhaps that is a strategy to continue generating leads?

Bingo! I'm confident there's a gigantic incentive to be slow in taking down signage, unlisting properties as there's just so much lucrative spin-off from ads and existing listings. Especially, since the public has direct access to active MLS descriptions.

A month though, that is sounding pretty pokey ....

jbw

#27 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • Member
  • 4,791 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:54 AM

Bingo! I'm confident there's a gigantic incentive to be slow in taking down signage, unlisting properties as there's just so much lucrative spin-off from ads and existing listings. Especially, since the public has direct access to active MLS descriptions.

A month though, that is sounding pretty pokey ....

jbw


I usually have 20 to 30 listings year around and there isn't that much business spun from existing listings. Sometimes sold listings can result in something but a for sale sign doesn't generate much. You get the occasional direct phone call for a viewing but 90% of people calling direct of realtor.ca are fairly flaky from my experience like they don't show up (happened to me twice last week alone), they haven't seen a mortgage broker, etc., so rarely am I interested in coverting them to buyers. The other 10% are okay :)

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2018 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com - MLS® from $899 and $1,000 cash back for buyers | www.834sales.com & www.promontoryforsale.com - Building(s) specialist 

Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

 

 


 



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users