Photo

Bellingham, WA

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Coopershawk

Coopershawk
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:52 PM

For those on board who do alot of travelling, I'm wondering what is the best way to get to Bellingham,WA from Victoria to take advantage of Allegiant Air's low prices to the southern US. I've looked at PCL to YVR and then Quick Shuttle to Bellingham but I'm wondering if there is another alternative. Any ideas?

#2 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:59 PM

Isn't there a Bellingham-Victoria ferry? I seem to recall a direct route and this route map still indicates a route.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#3 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:07 PM

Isn't there a Bellingham-Victoria ferry? I seem to recall a direct route and this route map still indicates a route.

No.

Victoria Star 2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The ferry has operated during the summer months between Bellingham, Washington, United States, and the Inner Harbour in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, making one round trip daily. For the 2011 season, service to Victoria has been cancelled and the ferry is operating to Friday Harbor and other destinations in the San Juan Islands.[2]

San Juan Cruises - Whale Watching, Dinner Cruises in Bellingham, San Juan Islands

Still doing San Juan cruises.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#4 LJ

LJ
  • 12,746 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:37 PM

Just be sure where you are going on Allegiiant, they only fly into secondary airports and you can find yourself miles from where you want to be. IE Phoenix, they go to Mesa another 20 miles southeast. They also don't exactly fly state of the art equipment either.
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#5 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,806 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:35 PM

I would say BC ferries is your best bet or Washington State Ferry would also work if it is still running.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#6 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:25 PM

Yup, it's still running. You'd need to figure out a way to get to the airport from Anacortes, though.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#7 jklymak

jklymak
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:52 PM

From Anacortes Airporter Shuttle — Airporter Shuttle Bellair Charters

#8 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,149 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:17 AM

Wow, Anacortes to Bellingham, round trip for $19......that seems unbelievable. Am I reading that right?

#9 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:19 AM

Wow, Anacortes to Bellingham, round trip for $19......that seems unbelievable. Am I reading that right?

Round trip? I can't tell if it is round trip or one way.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#10 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:03 AM

$11 one way and $19 return (plus $2.50 fuel surcharge!)

#11 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,149 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:23 AM

$11 one way and $19 return (plus $2.50 fuel surcharge!)

Yes, I forgot to add the fuel surcharge. Thanks spanky.

#12 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,149 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:25 AM

Round trip? I can't tell if it is round trip or one way.

There is a chart with abbreviations, OW= One Way, RT=Round trip.

#13 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:49 AM

I've been hoping for a VibrantVictoria ferry excursion to US waters for a long time. It would be the most exciting boat-full of Canadians since Normandy.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#14 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,806 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:01 AM

^ I think that Port Angeles would be a more fun weekend than Anacortes. I could be wrong though.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users