Victoria Cougars - VIJHL

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

The Cougars are having an amazing season, they are 35-1-2. Cougars players are the same age as Grizzlies and Royals players, 16-20 years old.

If you'd like to go see them play THIS THURSDAY, the fine folks at both Poppies Florist and AJ's Organics in the Atrium building have FREE passes for the game.

Just drop into either and see the front counter and ask for a ticket(s), max. 4 per person.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:06 PM

The Cougars are the last local team still alive, they are in the provincial finals this weekend.  They beat the host Nelson Leafs tonight to open the round-robin.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#3 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,079 posts

Posted 25 July 2023 - 08:20 AM

screenshot-twitter.com-2023.07.25-12_19_58.png

BC Hockey is promoting all three of its junior B leagues up to junior A.

The reclassification will create a new junior-A system in time for the 2023-24 season. BC Hockey announced the change on Tuesday after the British Columbia Hockey League, its former junior A circuit, broke away from Hockey Canada.

The Kootenay International Junior Hockey League, the Pacific Junior Hockey League, and the Vancouver Island Junior Hockey League will all move up one level. Teams will be subject to an internal BC Hockey standards-tiering structure, with all teams starting as Tier 2.

https://www.theglobe...to-junior-a-to/

The BCHL left Hockey Canada to give it more options for players under 18 years old that are looking to compete in college hockey in the United States. There are 18 teams in the BCHL and all of its franchises started operating outside of Hockey Canada’s system starting June 1.

The move allows BCHL teams to recruit 16– and 17-year-olds from other provinces, which is currently against Hockey Canada regulations.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 25 July 2023 - 08:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users