28 replies to this topic

#21 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 06:37 PM

Adult game centre at Mall of America:

http://smaaashusa.com/

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#22 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 09:31 PM

Bellis fair has those rid em animals as does south center or at least they did maybe the fad has worn off already just as Canada gets on  the fad

#23 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 09:42 PM

My significant other, the kidlin' and her boyfriend took me out to Butchart's for the picnic basket/dinner and fireworks show tonight as a pre-birthday night present. I must say I enjoyed all of it thoroughly.

The picnic dinner is about $40/head, and extremely tasty. No complaints about the food although the service was a bit slow, Otherwise it was excellent. And the fireworks, which we hadn't seen in about 4-5 years, lasted 40 minutes and reminded me again that there is no better fireworks experience in Victoria than at the Gardens on a summer Saturday night. 

• Mike K., Nparker, Matt R. and 2 others like this

#24 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,976 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 10:47 AM

The picnic dinner is about $40/head, and extremely tasty. No complaints about the food although the service was a bit slow, Otherwise it was excellent. And the fireworks, which we hadn't seen in about 4-5 years, lasted 40 minutes and reminded me again that there is no better fireworks experience in Victoria than at the Gardens on a summer Saturday night. 

Which is kind of sad when you think about it. How much did Victoria pay (on Canada Day) in police overtime and fireworks costs for a pathetic 6 minute 'show' that was invisible to anyone without a direct line of sight to the Delta? $200K, $300K?

Somehow the gardens and every other hick community in BC can create a show an order of magnitude better for about 1/20 of the cost.

Edited by spanky123, 25 August 2019 - 10:48 AM.

• AllseeingEye likes this

#25 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,335 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 11:02 AM

My significant other, the kidlin' and her boyfriend took me out to Butchart's for the picnic basket/dinner and fireworks show tonight as a pre-birthday night present. I must say I enjoyed all of it thoroughly.

sounds like the boyfriend is making all the right political moves.   for when he asks permission to marry her.

is that still a thing?

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 25 August 2019 - 11:02 AM.

#26 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 11:58 AM

Which is kind of sad when you think about it. How much did Victoria pay (on Canada Day) in police overtime and fireworks costs for a pathetic 6 minute 'show' that was invisible to anyone without a direct line of sight to the Delta? $200K, $300K?

Somehow the gardens and every other hick community in BC can create a show an order of magnitude better for about 1/20 of the cost.

That was brutal: I'll never agree to go to that 'show' again. I was there that night. Total waste of time.

#27 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 11:59 AM

sounds like the boyfriend is making all the right political moves.   for when he asks permission to marry her.

is that still a thing?

He's a good kid. Hard worker, holds down 3 part time jobs and goes to UVic full time. He loves to fish too, so bonus points.......

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#28 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 05:39 AM

The HarbourCats outdo the city fireworks about three or four times a summer. I can watch them from my house and I am often wondering how much longer they could possibly be going on...
  • Nparker likes this

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#29 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,880 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 08:09 AM

We recently closed for the day and took off for our annual end of season staff party.

Prior to entertainment and dinner at Butchart gardens, we enjoyed 18 holes of mini golf at Island View mini golf. They used to have a driving range there, now being ploughed for farming activity, but I had no idea they had mini golf!

It’s a great set up, beautiful location, and they encourage picnic lunches and provide picnic tables and such. A couple large boards from Farmers Daughter and a few pops later, we were ready to roll.

If you are looking for someplace fun to take out of town guests next summer, keep it in mind. We had a blast!

Matt.
  • Mike K., Nparker and lanforod like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users