#2561 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 55,545 posts

Posted 05 March 2024 - 09:10 AM

Another similar article:

https://www.vicnews....on-info-7325690

Just a recap of a social media post.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 05 March 2024 - 09:11 AM.

#2562 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 18 May 2024 - 07:08 AM

@BCScan1

0804 hrs

1501 Glentana Rd at the Co-op "Multi Resi Structure" fire as paged @ 0759 Hrs

#VictoriaBC #Crest911 #BCFireFighters #FYI #ScannerLowerIsland #MultiAgencyResponse

#2563 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 55,545 posts

Posted 28 May 2024 - 07:57 AM

Crews knocked down a fire at a home in the Gordon Head neighbourhood on Monday (May 27) morning.

Nobody was inside the San Juan Avenue home and neighbours told firefighters that it’s been abandoned.

“We’ve been through the building, 100 per cent it’s not occupied,” Saanich Fire department Capt. Charlie Rivers said at the scene.

https://www.vicnews....ad-home-7365639

Abandoned.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 28 May 2024 - 07:58 AM.

#2564 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,645 posts

Posted 29 May 2024 - 12:50 AM

During a housing crisis? Odd.

#2565 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 09 June 2024 - 03:08 AM

From X/Twitter:

Structure fire overnight in N Saanich (Tatlow, near Deep Cove)

tatlow.png

tatlow1.png

Link: https://x.com/SocMed...750468475949190

Edited by pontcanna, 09 June 2024 - 03:11 AM.

#2566 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 55,545 posts

Posted 15 June 2024 - 11:43 PM

Emergency responders on Saturday pulled a person out of Langford Lake who required immediate medical assistance.

A B.C. Emergency Health Services spokesperson said one patient was transported to the hospital in critical condition.

Langford Fire Chief Chris Aubrey said the department’s fire rescue boat was deployed around 2 p.m. for a water rescue at Langford Lake.

https://www.timescol...n-bcehs-9090251

#2567 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 55,545 posts

Posted 20 June 2024 - 05:12 AM

When Alison Ambroso recalls how she ran toward the docks of Langford Lake on Saturday, ripped off her jeans and jumped into the water after a call for help, it’s the silence of the bystanders that sticks with her.

“It was so bizarrely quiet — the people on the dock weren’t really freaking out, screaming and yelling until they saw the young man’s body come up,” said Ambroso, one of three people who dove in to rescue a teen from the lake bottom.

“I think that’s when the panic set in — it was such a fast, quiet thing that I don’t know that everyone clicked in that this is really happening.”

Belmont Secondary student Keron McKay, 17, is in intensive care in hospital after he slipped under the water and did not reappear, according to witnesses. Langford Fire Chief Chris Aubrey said it sounded like the teen was swimming with others when he went under and it was a few minutes before they noticed he hadn’t resurfaced.

Ambroso, a 41-year-old former lifeguard, was walking with her husband and his parents when she looked out onto the docks and saw people staring into the water. “It was oddly quiet” until she heard a boy call for help.

“When I saw that, I started running down to the dock, and just knew something was going on,” she said. “There was a woman already in the water, between the two docks, and this other young man had just jumped in.”

Another distraught boy began yelling “my friend is underwater.”

Ambroso grabbed a pair of goggles from a person sitting on the stairs of the dock, pulled off her heavy jeans, and dove in. The water was dark and murky, made worse by the silt stirred up as they swam, and the boy was dark-skinned.

The other woman in the water, who wears contacts, couldn’t see the victim. Ambroso, wearing goggles, could clearly see the teen’s bright white Umbro swimming shorts, which almost illuminated his shadowy figure.

“I tried to go down and I saw him floating quite deep and I saw his white shorts but I couldn’t get all the way down, couldn’t get my breath to go all the way down,” she said.

https://www.timescol...nd-teen-9109418

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 20 June 2024 - 05:13 AM.

#2568 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 85,012 posts

Posted 20 June 2024 - 08:51 AM

Terrible. I hear the boy is a relative newcomer to our region.

• Victoria Watcher likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2569 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 85,012 posts

Posted 25 June 2024 - 11:00 AM

Sounds like an explosives truck exploded on Skirt Mountain.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2570 LJ

LJ
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 25 June 2024 - 07:44 PM

^Yeah, happened around 11:25 this morning, shook the house pretty good.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users