Photo

You Gotta Eat Here show comes back to Victoria

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 sirswithin

sirswithin
  • 78 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

Food Network show You Gotta Eat Here is filming at the Langford Bin 4 on May 28th. It'll be closed to the public that day. They may be visiting Pig downtown as well.

#2 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:33 AM

Food Network show You Gotta Eat Here is filming at the Langford Bin 4 on May 28th. It'll be closed to the public that day. They may be visiting Pig downtown as well.

Yes, they will be shooting two days at Pig also. One day they will be closed as they film in the kitchen area, the day they film in the seating area they will be open, and welcoming diners for the shoot.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#3 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:35 AM

The guys at Foo said You Gotta Eat Here will be filming at their restaurant as well.

#4 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,658 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:40 AM

You Gotta Eat Here has featured Smoken Bones, Shine Cafe, Skinny Tato, and Tibetan Kitchen on previous shows.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,123 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:04 AM

They've been sniffing around salt spring island too.

Matt.

#6 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,658 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:58 AM

Good work everyone with keeping your ears to the ground :) There's some more info on the show's appearance in Victoria below, and we talk with Jeff Hetherington of Pig.

“You Gotta Eat Here” tv show returns to Victoria for a second helping
By Mike Kozakowski, VibrantVictoria.ca
http://vibrantvictor...second-helping/

Food Network Canada’s You Gotta Eat Here television show depicts one man’s quest to seek out “Canada’s most delicious, mouthwatering, over-the-top comfort food,” and the crew is coming back to the south Island for another big helping of Victoria’s most popular dishes.

Hosted by John Catucci, You Gotta Eat Here is centered around the “funny man’s” lighthearted quips as he shows up on the doorsteps of the country’s most popular eateries and gives viewers a glimpse of kitchen miracle workers in action. And of course there is plenty of (obligatory) artery-clogging gullet stuffing as Catucci samples every dish laid out before him.

For the owners of each “institution” featured on the show, the opportunity to flaunt their food before both a national and, most importantly, a local audience, is well worth the one day closure the crew requires while Catucci talks the talk and chefs strut their stuff. After all, it’s one thing to be inspired by the food you see on TV from a faraway place but it’s something entirely different to watch the show then run out to sample the actual food. [Read more]

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#7 RPPB

RPPB
  • 198 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:56 AM

In season 1, the show also visited Floyd's Diner, John's Place and Pagliacci's.

#8 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:56 AM

Shine downtown will be closed for two days late this week for more filming.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#9 LJ

LJ
  • 12,768 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:44 PM

^Do the restaurants gain enough additional customers from this exposure to give up a few days of revenue? Or do they receive some sort of remuneration for appearing on the show?
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#10 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:14 AM

The Village in Estevan Village yesterday. Film crews there again today, shooting diners 8-3.

#11 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,658 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 03:44 PM

The show is back yet again. Earlier today I spotted host John Catucci filming exterior segments in front of The Pink Bicycle on Government.

Know it all.

#12 sasamat

sasamat
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 05:06 PM

The show is back yet again. Earlier today I spotted host John Catucci filming exterior segments in front of The Pink Bicycle on Government.

Do you mean Blanshard? I don't think they have a second location on Government. 

• Nparker likes this

#13 GabriolaGirl

GabriolaGirl
  • 205 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 05:26 PM

Hope his meal is better than the one we had there.  Burger was ok & fries were so salty we couldn't eat them.  Server didn't care... so we didn't care to leave a tip.

#14 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,658 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 06:05 PM

Do you mean Blanshard? I don't think they have a second location on Government. 

Oops, yeah I meant Government.

Know it all.

#15 LJ

LJ
  • 12,768 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 06:45 PM

Oops, yeah I meant Government.

Oops again.

• Nparker likes this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#16 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,658 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 06:46 PM

Dang it.

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.

#17 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,898 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:13 PM

Dang it.

See, Mike still knows how to have fun here.  :thumbsup:

• Mike K. likes this

#18 weirdie

weirdie
  • 497 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:58 PM

They were also filming at Rebar and the Tibetan Kitchen.

#19 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,658 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:07 PM

Again at Tibetan Kitchen?

Geez, they're running out of restaurants.

Know it all.

#20 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,898 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:18 PM

I understand they've heard a lot of REALLY good things about ZAFFRAN and chartered a special flight out here to ensure they got in on Victoria's newest dining sensation.

• Mike K., Greg, cfbnp200e and 4 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users