Photo
- - - - -

Tudor House Pub | Esquimalt (destroyed in 2013)

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#101 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,396 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 08:42 AM

Yup. It was to have been redeveloped but that idea has fizzled after a disagreement.

And this is why I don't expect to see dramatic changes in downtown Esquimalt anytime soon.

#102 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 08:47 AM

The town centre development is moving right along, and the same developer is also moving full speed ahead at the English Inn (or whatever it's called) on Lampson.

Tenfold/Amadon are also moving forward with the triangle lot along the shores of West Bay Marina. Good times.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#103 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 10:20 AM

English inn has construction fences and excavator on site last time I drove by. Town centre is already excavated. It is too bad the legion deal feel through though as that would have had a big impact. Hopefully they can get something else together for the property.

#104 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 10:26 AM

Yup. It was to have been redeveloped but that idea has fizzled after a disagreement.

The argreement fizzled when the auto parts store next door but their property up for sale.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#105 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 10:29 AM

I had a chance to speak with the developer of the project, and he never mentioned any issues with the auto parts store.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#106 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,396 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 12:14 PM

The title of this thread could use an update.  :)

#107 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 03:05 PM

Well from the Legion side of the story it did have something to do with it. All I know is the Legion is attempting to sue the developer... and know this from several members at the Legion.

#108 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 03:07 PM

Well from the Legion side of the story it did have something to do with it. All I know is the Legion is attempting to sue the developer... and know this from several members at the Legion.

Hmm, interesting. I know there's some bad blood there, but I don't know what a lawsuit would accomplish, exactly.

Maybe the Legion guys should just focus on finding a new partner.

Know it all.

#109 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:18 AM

I think they are trying to get the money back that they have put into this. I have been told the Legion feels there is a overall breach of the development contract.

#110 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,307 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 12:36 PM

500 sounds very big. i bet that would be twice the size of irish times.

Esquimalt council has given its blessing for the return of a public house to the site of the Tudor House Pub on Esquimalt Road at Admirals Road.

Operators have proposed a 500-seat Irish-styled pub that will be situated adjacent to the Tudor House Liquor Store on a vacant site fronting Admirals Road. The pub will feature family areas in addition to what is being referred to as an "authentic" Irish pub experience.

https://victoria.cit...udor-house-pub/

#111 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 12:38 PM

500 sounds very big. i bet that would be twice the size of irish times.

https://victoria.cit...udor-house-pub/

The owner's said on facebook it will be two storeys

#112 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 12:40 PM

There is also an apartment component planned at some point. Recall that they have approvals for a couple of mini highrises.

Know it all.

#113 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,307 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 12:42 PM

The owner's said on facebook it will be two storeys

irish times is 3 if you consider the outdoor patios are lower than the 1st floor.

#114 DustMagnet

DustMagnet
  • 1,508 posts
  • LocationView Royal

Posted 25 June 2019 - 01:07 PM

I need to see the render(s).  I'm dying to know what's going to blend in with the liquor store and it's massive glass plywood panels.

#115 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 05:05 PM

I have heard 8000 sq ft on first floor, 4000 sq ft on second floor and a 2000 sq ft roof top patio (rounding numbers)
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

#116 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,307 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 05:07 PM

I have heard 8000 sq ft on first floor, 4000 sq ft on second floor and a 2000 sq ft roof top patio (rounding numbers)

from roof you'd have decent ocean views yes?

#117 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 05:09 PM

Yes... had a friend that had top floor in the condo across the street. Was well above the tree line. Well enough that I think three floors would be also.

#118 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 05:34 PM

Nice! 500 warm bodies would put this roughly in the same league if not even larger capacity-wise than the old Ingraham Hotel pub back in its heyday, if my fuzzy memory of the late-70's is in any way accurate. Of course with a major naval base literally two blocks away I suspect there will be no lack of patrons.

#119 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 26 June 2019 - 07:30 AM

Big Irish pub with a family section sounds a lot like Kelly O's and Carlos O'Bryan's. Wonder if that'll be the case

#120 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 07:31 AM

The old pub had seating for 243, but it would often attract more patrons on a busy night.

So a doubling of capacity in 2021 to what was around for decades prior sounds about right.

Know it all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users